I'm back! Time to make decks.

By TheLawinator2, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

I just dug this out from ages ago, since now I actually have a local group to play with, and I want to make some decks. I don't remember anything from 2009.

Here's what I have:

2x Core Sets

2x Skavenblight Threat

2x Path of the Zealot

2x Deathmasters Dance

I used to really like Empire, and I started building a Skaven deck when they came out. Think there's anything competitive I can make with this? What should I get next?

The standard suggestion is to check out other expansions, since they give you the best cost per card ratio.=) March of the Damned and Legends give you a very good fresh start plus they have some veery good cards. Another good thing about them is that both of them have three copies of all cards.

On top of that, the most recent packs cycle has 6 BPs centered around different factions (1 per faction). E.g., "The Inevitable CIty" makes a corrupted Chaos deck possible through such cards as Bleeding Wall, Khorvak (Hero that allows corrupted units to attack from any zone) + other cards that benifit from corruption.

So March of the Damned + Legends will give you 165+165 cards = 330 (55+55=110 different ones) at a price of ~$50-60 (depends on which store you try to buy them at). Next step depends on which faction you'll go for above that, but I'd start by buying these 2 expansions.