Figurine painting - Decals for shields and such

By Ainulindale2, in Battles of Westeros

Hi everyone,

This Skeptical Solstice, my parents offered me Battle of Westeros and Wardens of the North. I fell in love with the game and decided to, almost 15 years after stopping the GW games, buy some paints, brushes and start to paint again.

As in the meantime I went stark (!) raving mad and bought all the expansions but Brotherhood, I started with the Tully bowmen and have to say I'm quite happy with the result even though I lost some of my skills.

One question is left though: there are a lot of shields and places for House heraldry on these miniatures. I was wondering if some of you had the opportunity to find convenient decals for wolves, lions, hounds, trouts, suns and such.

I found some for 25mm on Veni Vidi Vici but there's none for 15mm which seems to be the appropriate dimension for BoW. I contacted the website's admin, hopefully he'll answer to my vicissitudes!

Anyways, if you have some information as to find decals for this size, knowing that I could make them myself but I don't own a colour printer, I'd be interested in it.

Hi,

this is not an answer to your question, but how would you do the decals on your own printer? ('Cause I do have a color printer)

Print on paper, or something else? And how do you apply them to the figures?

You have to use specific decal paper and liquid to fix the transfer.

Example here: http://www.3vwargames.co.uk/blank.htm

Then cut & dispose as with any decal!

A, just like the plastic airplanes from 30 years ago. Thanks for the link!

I don't know about the plastic airplanes from 30 years ago as I was yet to be born.
As to the thanks, Ser, thanks as well for the Android app which is quite useful to bash some lannister heads :-)

The decal paper sound like a great idea, but where do I find the necessary heraldry?

Michael

mhlarsen said:

The decal paper sound like a great idea, but where do I find the necessary heraldry?

Michael

You'll need better computer skills than mine to size them, but here you go:

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/

OD