How many players again?

By Kobold Curry Chef, in Rex: Final Days of an Empire

The new Flash animation says 5-6 players, but all of the other text for the game has said 3-6. Typo or revision?

You can probably play anywhere from 2 to 6 players, really. Even if FFG doesn't officially include rules for such, you can probably adapt the variant rules from Dune to allow as few as 2 to play if you really want.

That said, a game of Dune with fewer than 5 or 6 is scarcely a game at all. If the game play in Rex is as similar to Dune as it sounds like it will be, changing the official limit to "5-6" from "3-6" is not so much a revision as it is FFG ceasing to kid themselves.

Ditto Steve-O. Also: It says 3-6 for me. Did they change it back, or am I missing it somewhere? I checked all over the mini-site. 5-6 only wouldn't bother me if that were the case, though it would be worrisome in that it would imply they are seriously reworking the game that we're all hoping just got delayed by some small printing error.

The original Flash animation read "5-6," which was at odds with earlier information on the game. Since I made my original post, the text on the animation was corrected.