A couple of rules questions...

By Sydnique, in Doom

I have some questions about the game rules and was hoping, that somebody can help me out here.

1. Whats the effect of the PANIC-Card?
The german translation says to remove a marines order token "completely from the game".

My possible interpretations:

A) Choose an order token from a marine player and remove it completely from the game.
He won't be able to use the token ever again during the rest of the mission or campaign, even after he dies.

B) Cancel an order token which is on the board at that time.
The marine can use it again later.

I'm not sure, since A) is pretty rough, while B) sounds kinda weak to me.

2. Can you bypass the JAM-Card or broken weapons with multiple weapon tokens?
It seems to be allowed to collect more than one weapon token of the same type.

And if thats true:
- If your shotgun breaks (campaign mode), you can discard one shotgun token and still use your other Shotgun token
- A single JAM-Card is useless against 2 shotguns, 2 rocket launchers or whatever

3. Ammo usage and rerolling
I guess that only the dices before the re-rolling are relevant for ammo usage. Is that right?
(If not, there would be various possibilities to change the ammo usage by using aim or dodge re-rolls...)

4. Do all seeking attacks scatter when missing?
The FAQ says yes, but the rules don't mention it.
Of course this could be meaningless, if there are no seeking attacks without blast.)

Sydnique said:

I have some questions about the game rules and was hoping, that somebody can help me out here.

1. Whats the effect of the PANIC-Card?
The german translation says to remove a marines order token "completely from the game".

My possible interpretations:

A) Choose an order token from a marine player and remove it completely from the game.
He won't be able to use the token ever again during the rest of the mission or campaign, even after he dies.

B) Cancel an order token which is on the board at that time.
The marine can use it again later.

I'm not sure, since A) is pretty rough, while B) sounds kinda weak to me.

2. Can you bypass the JAM-Card or broken weapons with multiple weapon tokens?
It seems to be allowed to collect more than one weapon token of the same type.

And if thats true:
- If your shotgun breaks (campaign mode), you can discard one shotgun token and still use your other Shotgun token
- A single JAM-Card is useless against 2 shotguns, 2 rocket launchers or whatever

3. Ammo usage and rerolling
I guess that only the dices before the re-rolling are relevant for ammo usage. Is that right?
(If not, there would be various possibilities to change the ammo usage by using aim or dodge re-rolls...)

4. Do all seeking attacks scatter when missing?
The FAQ says yes, but the rules don't mention it.
Of course this could be meaningless, if there are no seeking attacks without blast.)

Question 1: B is correct, the marine gets to use it again.

Question 2: I think a JAM forces the marine to choose ANOTHER weapon.

Question 3: Ammo check is done AFTER re-rolls.

Question 4: Only Blasts scatter. There is one non-blast seeker, and I think the Revenants (expansion invader) is a non-blast seeker

Thank you very much! cool.gif

Anytime cool.gif