Game Nights in Tucson, AZ

By Gimp2, in Dust Tactics Organized Play

We've just finished a Game Night League, but will be gearing up for another after the first of the year.

Game Nights will be held at Game Daze, Park Place Mall on Monday nights, but play will be open for players at other locations and any night of the week, so long as results are turned in in time. Full details will be available at Game Daze, Park Place Mall, and I'll be updating information here.

The next Game Night League will start on Monday, January 16th. More info is aavailable through Game Daze at Park Place Mall.

I hope to see you there!

Anything regular up in Phoenix?

You guys going to Vul-Con?

Psykostevo said:

Anything regular up in Phoenix?

You guys going to Vul-Con?

There will be Tucson players at VulCon, but I don't know yet if I'll be one of them.

I'm debating on going. It might be my first time actually playing with my minis.

Imperial Outpost Games said that someone is trying to start a Tuesday night league up there. But they don't sell the minis.

We have through February 12th for games in the current Game Night League cycle, and then will have a grand finale battle on February 13th.

We thought it would be fun to take that Monday to finish off the Game Night League with a single large battle in the store.

Come on down and play, or play where you can and turn in the results.

Psykostevo said:

I'm debating on going. It might be my first time actually playing with my minis.

Imperial Outpost Games said that someone is trying to start a Tuesday night league up there. But they don't sell the minis.

I was just there Saturday afternoon and Darren had a few items in stock, with more to follow. Jay and Rick, the guys behind Vul-Con, will be heading up the Dust Tactics league. I spoke with Jay and he indicated it will start in March, due to Vul-Con taking up their time. That is the latest information I have on the Phoenix league.

Word! I told Darren to stock it again. Tax returns coming in too :-)

The next two Mondays will be Big Game hunting for people who want to try out DUST on a grander scale while we gear up for the next League.

February 13th and 20th will have single battle action with players welcome to join in as they can make it and hammer on some of the big guys. A 3x5 grid table will give us enough room to field some heavy walkers to play with the normal units.

Come on down and pound out a victory for your favorite faction.

Pics or it need happened

Sorry, but in the midst of other emergencies, I forgot my camera this week. I'll work to make sure I get pictures next Monday.

We'll be doing the same basic battle next Monday. This time around, we fielded 850 points per side, to give a chance for a major blood bath. It worked, though we ran short on time.

Gimp said:

Sorry, but in the midst of other emergencies, I forgot my camera this week. I'll work to make sure I get pictures next Monday.

We'll be doing the same basic battle next Monday. This time around, we fielded 850 points per side, to give a chance for a major blood bath. It worked, though we ran short on time.

Please try to post pics I would love to see them.

I hope to see some new and old faces down at the store tonight.

Next week will be simple, open play, with the next Game Night League starting the week after that.

And Saturday is Dust Day

Psykostevo said:

And Saturday is Dust Day

Which is listed in a completely different thread about Phoenix events. It would be more polite if Phoenix event issues didn't overrun Tucson event listings without at least asking if we minded. Please consider a bit more common courtesy, as most of the players I deal with, even those that are interested in VulCon, aren't worried about the DUST stocking in Phoenix, etc, that don't concern Tucson gaming. We have stores stocking and playing DUST, and are not too likely to be going to Phoenix just to find another store to buy from. VulCon should be very cool, but it already has multiple threads about it.

Since I've gotten a couple of side comments complaining about the tackyness of this issue, I thought it easiest to mention it here, and start a new thread about Tucson gaming later.