Finally!!! An FA reprint!!!!!!!

By Kracky McKraken, in Fortress America

I just want to say how super stoked i am to here FA is being reprinted, that FFG is doing the reprinting and that K Wilson is involved.

FA was a huge boardgaming milestone for me back in the 80's. This along with A&A and CotE are the Holy Trinity of Ameritrash. I can't wait to finally add a new copy to my collection. (my old one went by the wayside years ago.)

As for the backstory? Lemme see if i have this straight. America builds big huge space lasers and the rest of the world get's pissed, forms up into three gigantic armies and attacks. Perfect. I like it.

You were so excited, you posted twice.

It's been a long time coming. I'm glad it's here.

I need this game. I played this along time ago and I loved it. I came wait to get this.

I was just talking about this game with a friend, and we were talking about how much we loved to play this game back in the day. So I jumped on Google and Ebay to see if I could pick up a used copy (even though I knew it would probably be expensive). Then somehow came across the information that FFG was releasing a reprint of this game. Needless to say I was excited, now I can get myself a copy of the reprint the day it comes out. GREAT idea for a reprint of a game. I think many of us are very happy to see this one. aplauso.gif

Ya just want to throw in my two cents. LOVE IT!

Now if they could just reprint the MB Shogun (aka Samuri Swords), now that would be something!

Hasbro just did...it is now called Ikusa.

adamflo said:

Hasbro just did...it is now called Ikusa.

Just want to say that when I read your post I squirted coffee out of my nose and just about fell out of my chair. Shogun is by far one of my favorite war games of all time and I have been struggling to get a copy of it for a while, but its tough to get your hands on out of print MB games in Europe for a reasonable price. In any case, spotted it on World of Board games and bought their last copy they had in stock. So THANK YOU! So much great gaming to look forward to.

I would like to add my two cents to this all...

I also had been waiting for Shogun for years... bought it the day I saw it had come out. If this was out already, I would be calling my gaming store and picking IT up tonight afterwork also.

This is why I love this company. First Merchants of Venus , now this... Fantasy Flight Games, YOU RULE!

I am not familiar with the original of this game, but from how you are all talking about it. I think I will have to pick it up and try it out! It sounds like a very exciting idea behind the game.