Sad Day

By player677064, in Elder Sign

I got Elder Sign for Christmas last night, and my brother and I started to try our first game tonight. Got about half way through the doom track, [rant] and then my 9 year old nephew decided it was time to run to the table with a full glass of water...and to set it down on a pile of uneven place mats. Incidentally most of my adventure cards, the entrance card, the rulebook, and several various other cards got soaked. sad.gif Now they are all warped, and in many instances the sides of the cards are "bursting about" with the paper coming separated. I was mad enough I tried to clean and let dry everything, but we ended the game because the panic messed everything up and out of order anyways. It's still playable, but man is it a sad and terrible feeling to see a brand new game messed up like that. [/rant]

Anyways, what we got to play was awesome and really fun!

Consider offering your nephew as a sacrifice to Cthulhu for his insolence.

Thats why I always force people to eat/drink their stuff AWAY from my boardgames.

Ah yes, the dreaded precision-strike spillage. It's happened to me a couple times (though never with Elder Sign), but I can't complain, seeing as how I'm usually the one responsible....

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Thats why I always force people to eat/drink their stuff AWAY from my boardgames.

He had been told several times to stay away with food and drink...my brother even said as he set the glass down... "Do not put that on the table..." *immediate spillage*

AHHHH!!

That's why I don't say them to stay away - I FORCE em.

Friend of mine just did this to my copy of Aquire. And he is a Grown up!! In theory anyways. fortunately we were able to dry them out and press them under several heavy tomes of forbidden knowledge and they turned out ok. He is not allowed to drink at the table anymore.

Thats never fun. You going to buy a new copy do you think or just make due?

A long time ago, my friends girlfriend spilled her glass of wine right into the center of our Talisman Game (I think it was 2nd Edition). We cleaned it up as best we could, but there was nothing that was going to take the stain out of the board. Oh well, we told my friend that the stain looked like dried blood and added to the mystique of the game.

NulSyn, it's a pity indeed. Unfortunately, sometimes this things happen, especially with kids. The best thing you can do to protect your game: laminate the Entrance sheet, and use sleeves for both the oversized cards and the mini cards. In this way, you should prevent a lot of damage