Untouchables VS Pure Faith

By grissom, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Can a Faith Talent affect an Untouchable?

For exemple: a Battle Sister use Wrath of the Righteous to deal 2d10 additional damage, an Untouchable will suffer these additional damages?

I'd assume that powers which are doing straight up physical damage would definetly work, same with psychic powers. But stuff that's less direct wouldn't.

Sorry, I don't understand;

An Untouchable may never gain Psychic Powers, Pure Faith, Sorcery or related Talents and is completely immune to Psychic Powers, Psychic Energy and Damage......

So I think that He may also be immune to Pure Faith Talents that directly affect Him....

I would say he should definately be immune. Magic, psychic effects, and demonic powers all draw from the warp. I don't see how Faith could be anything but another manifestation of these energies.

This got me thinking...would Resurrection work on a Untouchable? The guy dies, could you bring him back to life with that faith power? And if you did, what'd happen to the untouchable, and his powers? Would he just go back to being normal?

Hells Heroes said:

This got me thinking...would Resurrection work on a Untouchable? The guy dies, could you bring him back to life with that faith power? And if you did, what'd happen to the untouchable, and his powers? Would he just go back to being normal?

I would say no.

Faith powers, to me, are just a way for the self righteous to justify psychic abilities. gui%C3%B1o.gif

If the extra damage done by the faith power is of the same type as the attack then I'd say it affects the Untouchable. For example, the Sister smashes his face with a hammer and her faith strengthens her arm. It doesn't zap the Untouchable, it just smashes him harder, indirectly.

However, if you interpret it as an "energy" discharge of faith/psychic energy, then I'd vote the Untouchable is unaffected.

In short, DM fiat?

Flail-Bot said:

If the extra damage done by the faith power is of the same type as the attack then I'd say it affects the Untouchable. For example, the Sister smashes his face with a hammer and her faith strengthens her arm. It doesn't zap the Untouchable, it just smashes him harder, indirectly.

However, if you interpret it as an "energy" discharge of faith/psychic energy, then I'd vote the Untouchable is unaffected.

In short, DM fiat?

The null zone that Untouchables project comes into play.

If you go with Faith = Psychic Power, then the faith power wouldn't work in melee with the Untouchable.

If she were to throw the hammer from outside the zone I could see the enhanced strength carry through the attack.

If faith powers were psychic, they would be detectable by psycnisience (which would cause huge problems for Imperial theology BTW), which they're not as far as I know.

Id say No. Working from it this way..as per the rules a Untouchable cannot have or ever gain ANY faith OR psy based abilities ( NO psy rating or Pure faith talents etc ). In order to have faith based talents you have to be either normal or a psyker ( IE you MUST have warp-presence/soul and some measureable form of psy presence )..Are faith based talents detectable by use of psyniscience..Yes..But ONLY when they are being used/manifested.

The untouchables natural lack of a soul ( warp presence ) prevents psy and faith based abilites from working on him...so No he can never be ressurected through the use of any faith based abilities. ( see DH Radicals handbook pg 38 dark left sidebar ) It clearly states an untouchable cannot recieve any benefits of psychic powers, sorcery, or true faith.

As for the Wrath of the righteous ability to gain extra damage against an untouchable..the same listing also clearly states that it will NOT work against the untouchable ( base weapon damage+ strength etc ONLY ).