Roll Defence dices or Not?

By deus-ex, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Hello,

There are somerset cases in the game, were I don't know i have to roll defence dices or Not.

1. If a Special ability of a weapon (Boomshot, Hammer of Down) Deals wounds against other figures on Defenders area, have These Figures Roll Defence dices?

2. If a Order Deals direct wounds have the Enemy roll Defense dice?

For Example: you can Kick Out a locust of Cover a deal 1 wound.

3. If a AI-Card Deals direct wounds have the Figures Roll Defense dices?

For Example: AI Card of Berserker. Berserker moves to next Soldier an Deals 1 wound against every figure on her Way.

1. No

2. No. U dont roll dices when u get direct wound.

3. No. Same for Cogs.

Thanks for answer

for question number one: actually you will roll defence dice if a triggered ability deal wounds (check page 17 at the buttom).

raabjerg said:

for question number one: actually you will roll defence dice if a triggered ability deal wounds (check page 17 at the buttom).

Only if you are the original target of the attack. If you take damage as a result of being in the same area (Boomshot), you don't get to roll for defense.

Are you talking about the bit that mentions you can reduce triggered ability (omen) damage with shields? You need to be allowed to roll dice in the first place to reduce damage and only the target will roll, except vs area attacks like Bolo grenade where everyone rolls. Page 16 covers attacking, declaring target and rolling defense dice according to the target's number plus modifiers. Not the target of a non-area attack, no dice for you.

So the answer for first question is: No, u dont roll yous defense dice in those particular situation.

Dam said:

raabjerg said:

Only if you are the original target of the attack. If you take damage as a result of being in the same area (Boomshot), you don't get to roll for defense.

Are you talking about the bit that mentions you can reduce triggered ability (omen) damage with shields? You need to be allowed to roll dice in the first place to reduce damage and only the target will roll, except vs area attacks like Bolo grenade where everyone rolls. Page 16 covers attacking, declaring target and rolling defense dice according to the target's number plus modifiers. Not the target of a non-area attack, no dice for you.

Yes i'm talking about omen damage (like the Lancer's triggered) that can be blocked by shields. I thougt i were clear about that now i see i were'nt.