Daemon Prince rules?

By misanthrope555, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

so when ONE of my players eventually ascends to the greater glory of chaos and the immortality that is Daemonhood, i still want him in the campaign, leading his warband of chaos into the heart of the imperium... so, my question is, where can i find rules to ascend someone to daemonhood? i absolutly hate that "remove from play" crap (and i did read something about keeping them in play) so it would b helpful if someone could tell me what a BASIC Daemon Prince's stats would b so i can build off that. like add what Talents, Traits, Skills, and +(X) how much to the stats??

Agreed. I am really hoping they provide a supplement for post 100 infamy.

IIRC, Deathwatch has a Daemon Prince statted out.

Daemon Hunter has rules in the back for daemon creation from lesser to greater daemons and i believe daemon princes too. There's also statted out prince in deathwatch iirc.

Kasatka said:

Daemon Hunter has rules in the back for daemon creation from lesser to greater daemons and i believe daemon princes too.

It's got rules for lesser, greater and heralds, but not for princes, alas.

Morangias said:

Kasatka said:

Daemon Hunter has rules in the back for daemon creation from lesser to greater daemons and i believe daemon princes too.

Well it's easy enough to change that to be honest. Daemon princes are not usually an order of magnitude better than greater daemons. They tend to be a bit more niche, so you could just take a greater daemon and give them a couple of extra focusses in a single area (social skills and auras of control for slaneesh, combat and fear abilities for khorne, survivability and corruption spreading for nurgle and warp powers/information/manipulation for tzeentch). Daemon princes tend to be tougher than a greater daemon but also have either a major weakness (such as a specific material that harms them, so in game terms would bypass their daemonic toughness) or some kind of ritual to either keep them in the material realm or that if a certain action is performed in a certain manner at a certain time, can banish them back to the warp (often for up to a thousand years).

A lot of what makes a daemon prince worthwhile including in your game is their personality - a daemon prince may swear fealty to a specific god or indeed be unaligned, but either way it is their personal nuances and approaches to their activities and machinations that sets them apart and above the hordes. As such a lot of the daemon prince can be handled through roleplay and description as opposed to through rules, keeping them in the background until the players either finally confront it or it decides to crush the player characters once and for all.

Kasatka said:

Morangias said:

Kasatka said:

Well it's easy enough to change that to be honest. Daemon princes are not usually an order of magnitude better than greater daemons. They tend to be a bit more niche, so you could just take a greater daemon and give them a couple of extra focusses in a single area (social skills and auras of control for slaneesh, combat and fear abilities for khorne, survivability and corruption spreading for nurgle and warp powers/information/manipulation for tzeentch). Daemon princes tend to be tougher than a greater daemon but also have either a major weakness (such as a specific material that harms them, so in game terms would bypass their daemonic toughness) or some kind of ritual to either keep them in the material realm or that if a certain action is performed in a certain manner at a certain time, can banish them back to the warp (often for up to a thousand years).

A lot of what makes a daemon prince worthwhile including in your game is their personality - a daemon prince may swear fealty to a specific god or indeed be unaligned, but either way it is their personal nuances and approaches to their activities and machinations that sets them apart and above the hordes. As such a lot of the daemon prince can be handled through roleplay and description as opposed to through rules, keeping them in the background until the players either finally confront it or it decides to crush the player characters once and for all.

I recall there were rules for ascension to Daemonhood in WFRP 2e Tome of Corruption. They weren't really inspired, and they mentioned about three times that it's much better to let the player roll a new character, but they were there nevertheless.

On a more general note, the whole hierarchy of daemons seems to generally go like that: Lesser < Herald < Prince < Greater. Princes seem to have the best perspectives when it comes to advancing both in power and position, though.