New player asking about a Empire deck.

By Trix Spike, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Hi there, good folk of Warhammer Invasion.

As the topic says, im a new player to Warhammer Invasion and in the need of some advice about my first deck.

I have a bad habid in CCG´s to check webdecks, so it was natural for me to browse a bit in deckbox...

I found this deck http://deckbox.org/sets/18069?s=e&o=a and it caught my eye.

I went and bought these:

Assault On Ulthuan

Burning Of Derricksburg

Fall Of Karak Grimaz

Path Of Zealot

The Core Set

Warpstone Chronicles

So, a nice to start for a newbie. happy.gif

Anyhow, from that deck i´m missing these cards:

2 Will of the Electors
1 Church of Sigmar
1 Forced March
1 Gold Wizard Acolyte
1 Runefang of Solland
1 Shrine to Taal
2 Sigmar's Blessed
1 Thyrus Gorman
2 Judgement of Verena

I was hoping to get some advice on what to fill in the "void" that the deck has, from the cards i have. Or suggestions on what to do.

Vermeulen said:

As the topic says, im a new player to Warhammer Invasion and in the need of some advice about my first deck.

I have a bad habid in CCG´s to check webdecks, so it was natural for me to browse a bit in deckbox...

I went and bought these:

Assault On Ulthuan

Burning Of Derricksburg

Fall Of Karak Grimaz

Path Of Zealot

The Core Set

Warpstone Chronicles

2 Will of the Electors
1 Church of Sigmar
1 Forced March
1 Gold Wizard Acolyte
1 Runefang of Solland
1 Shrine to Taal
2 Sigmar's Blessed
1 Thyrus Gorman
2 Judgement of Verena

I was hoping to get some advice on what to fill in the "void" that the deck has, from the cards i have. Or suggestions on what to do.

Hi Vermeulen,

I suggest you probably should get March of the Damned set since you can fill the void with Rodrik Raiders and Lizardmen cards. Redemption of a Mage (Friedrich Hemmler) can be a good addition later on since you want to play Empire. But you should really get another 2 core set if you really want to play with Judgement of Verena card as it is the only way to get all 3 copies of Verena, Will etc....I ended up getting 3 core set myself happy.gif

Evilrevenant said:

Vermeulen said:

I went and bought these:

Assault On Ulthuan

Burning Of Derricksburg

Fall Of Karak Grimaz

Path Of Zealot

The Core Set

Warpstone Chronicles

2 Will of the Electors
1 Church of Sigmar
1 Forced March
1 Gold Wizard Acolyte
1 Runefang of Solland
1 Shrine to Taal
2 Sigmar's Blessed
1 Thyrus Gorman
2 Judgement of Verena

Hi Vermeulen,

I suggest you probably should get March of the Damned set since you can fill the void with Rodrik Raiders and Lizardmen cards. Redemption of a Mage (Friedrich Hemmler) can be a good addition later on since you want to play Empire. But you should really get another 2 core set if you really want to play with Judgement of Verena card as it is the only way to get all 3 copies of Verena, Will etc....I ended up getting 3 core set myself happy.gif

Thanks for the answer. The 2 core sets will have to wait for now, since i dont have the money for them.

But any ideas to what use from the cards i have to fill the void in the deck, maybe take some cards of or something?

With your current card pool you cannot emulate that deck, and whatever replacements for the missing cards you pick will mean you end up with a different kind of deck, so you might just use a different one for orientation.

That being said, I'd advise you to approach the game differently. Play with all the factions and try to come to your own realizations and strategies instead of more or less just copying what has worked for others.

Mallumo said:

With your current card pool you cannot emulate that deck, and whatever replacements for the missing cards you pick will mean you end up with a different kind of deck, so you might just use a different one for orientation.

That being said, I'd advise you to approach the game differently. Play with all the factions and try to come to your own realizations and strategies instead of more or less just copying what has worked for others.

Thanks for the answer. Will play the factions more and try to make my own deck.

Just thought it would be easiest to copy a deck and try that. :D

Ok, been a while since i posted. Been trying to build a deck or two and actually play the game.

But me slacking and some other time constraints, these two dont always get involved.

This is the deck i would like to get some input on. This is a little different version that i played with a friend, who did beat my behind in the games we played. happy.gif

Unit:22
1x Bule, Lord Of Pus
3x Savage Gors
3x Festerin Nurglings
3x Servants Of Khorne
3x Winged Fury
3x Doombull
3x Pink Horror
3x Bloodsworn

Support: 12
3x Contested Village
3x Shrine To Nurgle
3x Dark Abyss
3x Effulgent Boils

Tactic: 16
2x Seduced By Darkness
2x Blood For The Blood God
3x Plague Bomb
3x Spreading Darkness
3x Entropy
3x Berserker Fury

Anyhow, i have added something to my collection and here is what i to work with. So, any advice at all will be appreciated.

Assault On Ulthuan
Burning Of Derricksburg
Fall Of Karak Grimaz
Path Of Zealot
The Core Set
Warpstone Chronicles
The Inevitable CIty
The Chaos Moon