Jeal De'Mason- Union Werewolf Beta version (thoughts/suggestions/playtests?)

By GrandClam, in Tannhauser

This character would basically be a mix between Doc Savage's Liz Sherman and Warhammer's Konrad Von Carstein. The models I have used are the Heroclix Ultimate Falcon (with wings cut off and a home-made pistol) and the Reaper Werewolf model (the good one- but a Blitzhund from that one game would be sweet too).

Jeal De'Mason would be a mystic inspired character. His ancestry were mystics back in africa who became practitioners of voodoo and other rituals in the Americas. Blah blah blah, native american stuff, blah blah, Jeal De'Mason is a werewolf.

Faction Loyalty- UNION

Human form stats:

CV- 5,4,4,3

SV- 4,4,3,3

MV- 3,3,4,4

MoveV- 6,6,5,5

Wolfbeast form stats:

CV- 6,6,6,6

SV- 6,6,6,5

MV-2,2,1,1

MoveV- 8,8,7,7

Wolfbeast special rules:

- The only action that can be taken in Wolfbeast form is declaring an attack, it must be made against the nearest enemy model if possible (you may choose if more than one), if not possible, then all movement must be used to move as close as possible to the nearest enemy

- Wolfbeast form may only use Ability tokens

- CP may only be used in Wolfbeast to shake wounds and for counterattacks

- When shaking wounds in wolfbeast, a CP shakes up to 2 wounds

- When making an unarmed attack, rolling a success on a die lets you roll that die again, results are cumulative, you may not roll more than 10 dice this way.

-When a declared attack action is cancelled for whatever reason, add 1 primal token.

- When making an attack or shock roll, you may remove 1 primal token to negate ALL negative modifiers for that roll.

SPECIAL:

SkinChanging- At the start of every turn Jeal is in "human form" ,and the human model is on the table, add 1 primal token to your character sheet. At the start of every turn Jeal is in "wolfbeast form" , and the wolfbeast model is on the table, remove 1 primal token. If at the start of a turn Jeal is in human form and you have collected 5 primal tokens, do not add a primal token, your action this turn must be used to change in wolfbeast form. At the end of a game turn in wolfbeast form, if you have no primal tokens left- replace the wolfbeast Jeal with the human model. You may change to Jeal's other form as an action in either form.

COMBAT:

Colt 1911- Weapon, Pistol

Knife- Weapon, HtH

Savagery- Ability, In wolfbeast form you are treated as having the null mental characteristic

STAMINA:

Colt 1911-

Silencer- Hardware, When you attack with a pistol your target may not counterattack

Regeneration- Ability, As an action you may move up your health indicator one row. Only usable in Wolfbeast.

COMMAND:

Colt 1911-

Voodoo Doll- Occult, discard when declaring an attack action to target any model on the game board for the attack.

Unearthly Howl- Ability, discard at any time during the initiative phase to force your opponent to fail the roll. Any CP spent are lost. Only usable in wolfbeast form.

So, let me know what you think or what have you. Basically, Jeal is based around the ability that he "can" one-hit kill any character in the game, so everything else sucks. He also adds HtH to the Union at the cost of extreme uncontrollability. Some things that are subject to change are his stamina #'s in wolfbeast and the 10 die limit on his attacks may be changed to 12.

Forgot, pretty important, skills are: HtH, Athletics, Sneak, Archaeology

Also, DnD uhallowed werewolf mini looks pretty good too. stumbled upon it while trying to digupstuffforVicar Reinhart

This looks pretty good, but maybe a little complex, but I won't have any real suggestions, till I get a chance to play around with the idea.

The Werewolf mini you mentioned is a good one, and I've been looking at several for myself.

The Vicar eh, haven't heard him mentioned in a while, if you need any thing let me know.

Always nice to see some new customs! I have a couple of werewolf customs in mind too, though they are lower on my "to-do" list. Anyway, just a couple points on the DnD Unhallowed werewolf figure. First, the figure was also used in Heroscape and might be cheaper if you buy the HS pack that includes him, though its not a guarantee since HS was discontinued. Second, you should be aware that the figure is very large and dwarfs any of the figures in Tannhauser.

Do you happen to have a polished Vicar anywhere, Miah? I'm trying to figure out a way to make it SUPER awesome. I love taking actual weird soldier factions and tossing them into an alternate universe, like the TOY Streltsy and whatnot. I'm looking for a different model too though, I'm dying to make a witchhunting character or faction and Vicar would fit the bill but I don't like his axe. anyway, I'll shut up- on to business.

Jeal De'Mason Ver. 1.2

- While unplaced on the board, Jeal does not gain or lose a primal token during that turn (the first turn, uncreated game abilities, etc)

(additional rule to Skinchanging) - In order to replace Jeal's human form with his wolfbeast, you must have at least 2 primal tokens.

(additional rule to unarmed wolfbeast attacks) - Also, every roll of a natural 10 counts as 2 successes.

-Jeal's Movement attributes in wolf form are now 9,8,8,7

This is the most important rule, I don't think it overpowers him, at all really- but I am still not 100% on it.

- While in wolfbeast form, Jeal may not be removed as a casualty. Instead, he uses the following attributes CV 6, SV 4, MV 1, Move 4 or 5. CP may no longer be spent on him for any reason and if further attack successes or automatic wounds are inflicted- the opposing team that caused them gains CP on a 1 for 1 basis. (He might also lose the ability of a 10 equaling 2 successes- but I'd rather leave him just as nasty in order to play off of opponent stupidity- besides, now he must attack the closest enemy and only has 4 or 5 movement.) Whenever Jeal returns to human form, remove him as a casualty.

errata:

- skinchanging may also be used as a declared action in wolfbeast. Regeneration in the stamina pack also substitutes as a possible declared action. As far as Jeal's movement is concerned, these actions work the same as attacking. You have to move into HtH with the closest enemy (if possible) and can use the rest of your movement to move wherever you can/like. If not within movement range of an enemy and using one of these alternative actions, you can move wherever you like. (this just makes things more complicated, I know- but I like it. The Union has enough simple characters)

BASIC STORY PLOT

Jeal's ancestors were a lineage of mystics in their homeland of Africa. In the Americas they became practitioners of voodoo, delving deeper into the black arts and the mysteries this new world they were forced into had to offer. The De'Mason name used it's powers to strike back at their captors. As deeper wisdoms only known to the natives were uncovered, the name became associated with howling, terrifying beasts. In such a way, Charles De'Mason wrought havoc upon the confederacy during the civil war before he died, and although scorned by his mother, Jeane De'Mason, his grandfather's unnatural practices fell into the hands of a young Jeal. A series of uncontrollable horrendous acts led to the incarceration of Jeal, where he was taken to Area 51 for study. He was given a choice, combat fatigues or an electric chair. It was a desperate move to rely on such a creatures abilities in the war effort. And he was immediately dispatched to the one unit thought to be able to control him.. the 42nd.