Horde attack

By coolzyg, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hello fellow heretics.

I have a problem with rules about shooting attack that hordes makes. I know that horde can shoot in turn as many times as it have first digit in their magnitude. It's easy when both parties are shooting but my question is:

Can horde shoot at PC if PC is in melee fight with this horde?

coolzyg said:

Hello fellow heretics.

I have a problem with rules about shooting attack that hordes makes. I know that horde can shoot in turn as many times as it have first digit in their magnitude. It's easy when both parties are shooting but my question is:

Can horde shoot at PC if PC is in melee fight with this horde?

When we played Deathwatch, we ruled that no, targets engaged in melee with the Horde cannot be shot by said Horde.

Hai Guys

Basically my question is along the same lines. Now, I know in Melee that the Horde strikes every elegible target the relevant number of times (if they charge, 1 attack etc. unless they have swift or lightning or attack with two weapons) and can shoot at the same time to every elligable ranged target.

Shooting: If there are two PCs and a magnitude 15 horde being shot at by a Magnitude 27 horde… do the Mag 27 Horde shoot everyone twice, or only get two shots with which to divide between three targets as they choose?

I've read the BC rules a couple of times and I'm just trying to fathom how a magnitude 20 horde of musketmen can only fire two musket balls in total, rather than two at every target… so I thought I'd check with the EXPERTS.

Also: The Mag. 15 Horde can only hurl 1 shot back, right?

When melee with a horde, it only does the melee attack. It will make sense when you consider the horde having swift or lightning attack. It's a bit "weak" when the horde only has a standard attack. But in those cases the horde sucks at melee anyway.

The issue at hand should rarely come up though, as there should probably always be some ally to the PC for the horde to shoot at.

Jeans_Stealer said:

Shooting: If there are two PCs and a magnitude 15 horde being shot at by a Magnitude 27 horde… do the Mag 27 Horde shoot everyone twice, or only get two shots with which to divide between three targets as they choose?

Also: The Mag. 15 Horde can only hurl 1 shot back, right?

A horde gets a total number of ranged attacks to distribute as the first number in their magnitude. That is 2 total ranged attacks for a magnitude 27 horde. Not 2 per target.

A mag 15 horde only gets 1 ranged attack.

BrotharTearer said:

A horde gets a total number of ranged attacks to distribute as the first number in their magnitude. That is 2 total ranged attacks for a magnitude 27 horde. Not 2 per target.

A mag 15 horde only gets 1 ranged attack.

BrotharTearer: You're the first to answer that question directly, and I appreciate it.
My own interpretation was correct when I used it.

many thanks!

Isn't this rule different against human PC's and CSM PC's?

Yeah, someone pointed it out to me. I've had both rules cleared up for me now. Thanks! :)

PnPgamer said:

Isn't this rule different against human PC's and CSM PC's?

Not necessarily, as that's an optional rule.