Any FoD players in Fullerton, California?

By SaveVs, in Fury Of Dracula

I have the game, but no one to play with. My gaming group either vetoes playing or it gets pushed down the list. I myself have only played three times. Drac's never won, but I still think it's a fun game.

BrandonCarpenter said:

I have the game, but no one to play with. My gaming group either vetoes playing or it gets pushed down the list. I myself have only played three times. Drac's never won, but I still think it's a fun game.

Being Dracula is not so easy, for many and different reasons. The main one spells Stake. If you have to face a Hunter with a couple of stakes and you have bad luck with the dice, it's game over. Buuut... you have some encounters (Fury) and some encounters forcing Hunters to discard cards, and these encounters are much more harmful than forcing the Hunters to combat Dracula's minions.

Besides, the trick for giving the vampire a chance is moving as less as possible, especially when you land on a new location via Evasion, or at the beginning of the game. If you don't have any New Vampire to play, then a good start is always: Location + Hide + Dark Call + Feed. This will force Hunters to search for you without being able to exploit Newspaper report.

Plus, try to use nasty combos like "Location + Hide" = "New Vampire + Fog (or Bats)". Keep the Seduction card. Avoid combat, in any possible way. Don't make yourself be cornered somewhere. Remember to use the Catacombs. There are three key-cities on the map, both for Dracula and the Hunters: Munich, Wien and Saragoza. They allow you to divide into three parts Europe: Hunters should go there to play a Holy Host, while Dracula can place those cities in the Catacombs for a double encounter (here you should place Minions, and maybe keep a Relentless Minion card in your hand): this will slow down the pace *a lot* giving you some extra time to respite. And remember, to have at least a chance to win, you have to make mature at least one New Vampire or Bite to death somebody (Seduction is *awesome*! I won two games as Dracula thanks to this card).

But yeah. It's still unbalanced for the Hunters (at the moment, I played 30 games, and I lost 4 of them, 3 times as Dracula, only once as Hunters). But his makes the Dracula's victories soooooooo sweet!

(and sorry, I cannot help you on the finding players issue, I'm not american :-/ buuuut maybe my advices can help you to make your usual pals play once more)

I live in Anaheim and I'm looking for people to play this game! Contact me!

Alexca1 said:

I live in Anaheim and I'm looking for people to play this game! Contact me!

Accepted your request. Send me a message with details. Closest game store to me that we can meet up at is Dice House. I can head to one closer to you if you know of one.

I live in Anaheim and would like to try FoD or other fantasy flight games, if you guys are still looking for people.