Combat Boot

By Angel of Death, in Dark Heresy House Rules

These are based on Mirker's Greaves, but they have been tweaked to include a mono edged spiked tip on the boot for both combat and climbing and a hidden mono edged Stiletto hidden in the rear heel, so that you can spring a blade and snap a mule kick in to someone.

I estimated the cost should be near 200 Thrones and availablity is Scarce

AP of 4 but it is Primitive
Mono Knife on front of boot 45 d5 R Pen 2
Mono Stiletto in rear of boot concealed 65 d5-1 R Pen 4

+10 to a climbing Checks, because of the front blade, that is angled slightly up

Would like some feedback

Not a bad idea..I kind of like it...only deal id see with it is that whenever you put the mono edge on something you remove the primative quality to it. But even if its only applied to the boot itself as armor coverage...unless you purchased it from one of the backward oldschool worlds that still use archaic suits or armours...it can easily be made into a modern version using the same materials that you find in your hard carapace armours easily enough. The cost and damage sounds right for the weapons and even the bonus to climbing is good. ( just dont forget about the bonus damage to kick attacks the blades would give a regular kick...not a replacement for but in addition to ) and a right nasty surprise it would make as well for any scum or heretic that didnt pay enough attention..lol ALL in all Kudos to you for your most appealing design

Perhaps a version could be worked into an existing set of carapace armours as well as an "upgrade" gui%C3%B1o.gif

Really nice idea!

But i think the price is a bit low. I know the price for at knife is not that high, but the mechanics of making the spring and all that is not easy.

Cobramax76 said:

Not a bad idea..I kind of like it...only deal id see with it is that whenever you put the mono edge on something you remove the primative quality to it. But even if its only applied to the boot itself as armor coverage...unless you purchased it from one of the backward oldschool worlds that still use archaic suits or armours...it can easily be made into a modern version using the same materials that you find in your hard carapace armours easily enough. The cost and damage sounds right for the weapons and even the bonus to climbing is good. ( just dont forget about the bonus damage to kick attacks the blades would give a regular kick...not a replacement for but in addition to ) and a right nasty surprise it would make as well for any scum or heretic that didnt pay enough attention..lol ALL in all Kudos to you for your most appealing design

Perhaps a version could be worked into an existing set of carapace armours as well as an "upgrade"

Glad u like it. and I looked at it like the old school boots, not some "modern" armored boots, so that they might not stand out in either a Hive or Backwater place, but still tough enough to take some abuse (Ie the Mirker's Greaves. Something like these. I do agree that the you could do it with high tech armor, but I want the old school look, besides I could not see my Moritat in Carapace Style boots

1890.jpg

I think the damage from the blades will replace the basic kick damage, much like Brass Knuckles replace the punch damage. based on this from the Mirker's Greaves discription "The wearer can also kick with the same effect as if they were punching using knuckle dusters."

Eruk said:

Really nice idea!

But i think the price is a bit low. I know the price for at knife is not that high, but the mechanics of making the spring and all that is not easy.

So what do you think is a better price? 250 Thrones or even more?