Great Death Angel Video Tutorial on Youtube!

By JackhammerJohn, in Death Angel

If this has been mentioned before, forgive me, but I was totally impressed with the following videos teaching Death Angel!

Has he made a mistake on the video? It was my understanding that during Set Up you only spawned GS from the event card, not moved them. Rules say nothing about moving GS during the Set Up stage. It looked like the guy in the video would have moved GS between postions in the formation if he had GS that matched the event cards GS icon.

Good question. I posted your inquire on his YouTube comments. Let's see what happens!

Towards the end, Part 8, the Launch Control Room card says, "Place a Support Token on this card OR roll a die," not both. His victory is disqualified (though I believe with his units remaining, it would have been a conceivable win). End of Part 8 and 9, I kept repeating, "No. No, that's not how it works." lol

I also wondered what does happen to the Artefact card. Does it get discarded? Who holds onto it? Only the team that picked it up or the entire formation?

Also, I was confused with the vat that exploded. I understand that it most definitely blew up the genestealers on the card itself, but does it blow up the entire right of the Space Marine formation too if there were genestealers there?

One more question: each time you move, do the genestealers appear with only certain locations or was that an accident? For instance, the first and last locations, he spawned the genestealers before the teams got their turns. I understand at the beginning plausibly, but he did it at the end. Was this an accident of over-using the Action (Event?) deck or do they in fact appear on the last level every time in addition to any genestealers that make it through the door?

Otherwise, extremely useful to see the game visually on how it performs. Having read the booklet only once so far and now visually seeing it greatly improved my understanding with the latter, unlike the former.

Hey guys. It's my video you are discussing. I apeciate you watching and giving feedback. Unfortunately when you're playing alone you miss certain things, and had it not been recorded I would have gone on never realizing the mistakes I made. I hope the video doesn't cause more confusion with the missteps or difference in rule interpretation here and there. It's obviously by no means an official interpretation of the rules, just how I think the game is played, and it really helps when you have people point out the minute details that you might just gloss over by yourself (or/and for example). My goal was really just to provide a resource that I wish I had when i first started the game. I welcome the nit picks and observations and hopefully any discussion on the videos will result in more clarification of the rules for newcomers. The comments have certainly helped me.

As for the questions.

@ Monk: I think you do move the GS on the setup phase but it doesn't specifically state that anywhere. It doesn't say your not supposed to at that point either. I can't say for sure what is correct.

@Tromdial:

-Yes, you're right about the way the final card is played. I read it as "and" instead of "or". Thats harsh you're disqualifying my win.

-For the promethium tank, I believe once GS move to the same position in the formation they merge, even if they spawn on different card. I could be wrong, but thats how I hae always played it.

-As for the last room, I accidentally played two actions cards. i think I was just really confused at that point because I didn't have any GS on the board. that doesn't usually happen.

It was a great vid, I just wanted to clarify whether GS move in set up (I don't think they do). I think you did a good job, well done!

I point out I believe you still could have won but there was enough chance that it isn't completely improbable to have lost. Wasn't meant to be harsh. I actually bought the game due to your video, in fact. I also did find it helpful so I would like to see other games made into video tutorial.

Thanks for the video. I'm not used to play card games, actually death angel being my first experience. So it was very helpfull for me.

Wow, thanks for commenting on your video. I spent the most of the evening watching it. Thank you for taking the time to film it, upload it and to comment on it here. gran_risa.gif

Bought this game about 6 months ago but set it aside because I could not make sense of the rulebook. Your tutorials helped immensely!! Enjoying the game now, thanks so much!

Wow. I was searching the forum for something just like this. Videos were a huge help. Thanks!!

Have to echo the sentiments here, found your series of vids via YouTube, was a great help in making sense of the rules, thanks Phiveball, good job aplauso.gif

Phiveball said:

@ Monk: I think you do move the GS on the setup phase but it doesn't specifically state that anywhere. It doesn't say your not supposed to at that point either. I can't say for sure what is correct.

-For the promethium tank, I believe once GS move to the same position in the formation they merge, even if they spawn on different card. I could be wrong, but thats how I hae always played it.

The video was great and you put a good amount of effort. I sometimes also forget things when I play solo, like moving GS for instance (sometimes I panic when I see how many spawn hahaha)

-About the initial setup GS, the manual explains that you draw an event card to spawn the GS and then ignore all other information in the card. From my point of view, that means ignoring the movement icon, if any.

-About the promethium tank, it says "slay all GS in this position". Position means both sides of the space marine. In other cards (not including expansion packs, that are confusely worded) you can read that the activation takes effect "on this terrain card", as oposed to "this position".

-About the artifact, you can only use it with the team that picked it up. You should always try to recover it inmediately, so when placing it (if you can choose) do it in a position that allows your chosen team to activate it as soon as possible - if you travel to a new location, you will miss the chance to pick it up. Besides, it is a terrain card so if you leave it on the formation it will (probably) spawn GS.

Thanks again for the videooooo :)

Eradico Pravus said:

Bought this game about 6 months ago but set it aside because I could not make sense of the rulebook. Your tutorials helped immensely!! Enjoying the game now, thanks so much!

Same here! Watching the videos now :)

Didn't expect to see this thread still kicking around. Glad my vids provided some sort of help to newcommers. lengua.gif

i bought the game b/c of your vids! while i didn't find the rulebook to be as complicated as some, much of that may have been because i watched your vids first! :) much appreciated! :)

I also wanted to thank Phiveball for making the tutorial. Although the rule book does eventually get cleared up the more you read it, the first time I read it, I felt like I was delving into a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book: "Pg 10 - Card Setup; jump to Pg 28 to see the actual detail of 1/3 of Pg 10's contents". It was a bit frustrating, and I come from an Information Systems background! So again, thanks to Phiveball for the tutorial! I was just out of surgery and spent an entire Monday afternoon watching the playthrough...kudos!