Point System Abuse suggestions and questions

By Erikos, in Support

Hello ! I would like to make a remark regarding the point system. Since it is not clear how we can earn points, which is acceptable from my part , there is a danger from people overflooding the forum with irrelevant posts as an attempt to earn more points. Another issue, is that people also may try to increase their points by providing false profile info and stating possession of games that they do not own. In order to avoid this, I suggest that FFG should make somehow people to register their games online.

Questions:

Do we receive negative points? (I noticed that one member had negative points)

Why we do not have the option to include the expansion packs in our library?

ps: I really like the concept of points.

Erikos said:

Since it is not clear how we can earn points, which is acceptable from my part , there is a danger from people overflooding the forum with irrelevant posts as an attempt to earn more points.

I would imagine they will notice that this dosent put there total up pretty quickly. Indeed as I write this the person with the most Points as only made a single forum post.

The point system is a closely held secret, but I can tell you that just posting tons of nonsense posts will not get you points.

As for the large differential, the people with the largest positive and negative number of points are both FFG employees. We were playing with the system during setup and testing. Don't worry about my large point total, though, as FFG staff is not eligible for prizes!

Erikos said:

Why we do not have the option to include the expansion packs in our library?

I'd like to have that option as well! Not only would it allow us to proudly display all of our game expansions, but it would also be a good indicator of what are the most popular expansions, and maybe help us decide our next purchases.

Oh, and I also enjoy the concept of points, I'm really curious about how to earn them... but keep it a secret, it's more exciting like that!

I think I've pretty much figured out where all of my points came from. happy.gif

Joram said:

I think I've pretty much figured out where all of my points came from. happy.gif

Lol, I think we all know how we got our own points, its working out how others got theirs that is the trick! ;o)

Are points so important?

But I must say, that I didnot understand the system yet. Working out atm.