Strong Minded vs. Psyker

By Dictator, in Dark Heresy House Rules

Hi there.

Im just curious, how do u treat Strong minded Talent in ur games? By first part of description it is seems like this talent should work only against powers like Dominate, Terrify and so on. But second part states that talent don't work agains powers with phisical acpect.

I want to make this talent more straight and helpful, so Im going to make it work with all powers, that allow WP test to negate their effect. I need ur opinion on this interpretation.

Also, if subject of Dowsing psy-power has Resistanse (psy-power) is it ok to give -10 penalty to Dowsing psyniscience test?

I would say sure, go ahead and give the strong minded ability to apply to any psychic ability with a WP save to negate, it only makes sense that it would cooralate over to those powers, i belive that was it's original intention...though it's janky wording is rather difficult to determine... I inferred that physical ablility ment like mental blade in the telekenitcs discipline, but it works on things like blood boil, spasm and the like..

as for your second question i would say that you should not only give it a difficult rating, but also allow the target to be aware that he is being dowsed, and have some idea that he is being observed and to what degree, though it should be preety vauge (they are closely observing you...they are distant...ect)..

sounds good though, did you have a specific target in mind?