Monsters and Masterminds >>> A preview for Hero's Call

By FFG DanielC, in WFRP Archived Announcements

The old saying goes "A man is best judged by the quality of his enemies." If so, your heroes may soon be judged mighty indeed. Hero's Call will bring terrifying new enemies to your Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game, enemies that will test even the mightiest of heroes. Read the preview here .

Read the announcement of Hero's Call here .

And until the Everchosen unmakes the realms of men, enjoy the game!

Even though I find this supplement interesting and possibly even necessary it is so far from the concept of WFRP (at least by my views) that I doubt I'll ever be able to use things from it.

When your PCs get to rank 4 or 5, normal enemies are rarely going to be an equal match. At rank 4/5 your PCs are the equivalent to the majority of named characters in Warhammer Fantasy lore. Their actions and encounters will need to tend toward facing Empire or World threatening foes, as opposed to dealing with a single cult in a small backwater town, for example.

In that sense, it is "Epic" and "Heroic". It just makes sense, and is necessary for PCs who reach those exalted heights of power without dying.

I fail to see how that does not fit into the concept of WFRP. It is still dangerous and gritty. It still has the Warhammer feel to it, but the scope and consequences for the PCs (and everyone else) are much greater.

I would love to know more about this title.

Specialy aboiut the new races and the dwarf/humans outsidfe Reikland abilities.

Let's hope it will hit stores in Febuary , the stores in Europe I meant.