Investigators have become corrupted by sin... they need to be saved.

By MyNeighbourTrololo, in Fan Creations

Im Proud to introduce to you those magnificent ladies:

lustfrontface.jpg

gluttonyfrontface.jpg

greedfrontface.jpg

slothfrontface.jpg

wrathfrontface.jpg

envyfrontface.jpg

pridefrontface.jpg

Embrace the end of days!

judgementdayfrontface.jpg

You just lost 1 Sanity ! :)

I really like the idea and those design. You should have done some scenario with those Heralds, it would be a nice campaign.

quick note: "recently delayed" doesn't mean anything in Arkham terminology, I have no idea what you mean by it.

Avi_dreader said:

quick note: "recently delayed" doesn't mean anything in Arkham terminology, I have no idea what you mean by it.

Closest movement phase after being delayed when you can move.

This is done to prevent player from being permanently stuck in one location until the end of the game.

You know I just thought of situation where Mark Herriggan would fail a Will check with some chick, so she'd get delayed and he'd not gran_risa.gif

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Avi_dreader said:

Use logic, Luke.

This is done to prevent player from being permanently stuck in one location until the end of the game.

I think what he means is there is no convention for that in the game text, and therefore your wording is going to be confusing. Plus, it's irrelevant. If they were delayed last turn but are not this turn, then they are free to leave this turn. If they choose not to leave, then they risk being stuck there again. And if someone else moves there before they have a chance to move, thus risking that result, then it's still a conscious decision made by the group (it's a co-op game, after all). So I don't think that "recently delayed" distinction is necessary at all.

Grudunza said:

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Avi_dreader said:

Use logic, Luke.

I think what he means is there is no convention for that in the game text, and therefore your wording is going to be confusing. Plus, it's irrelevant. If they were delayed last turn but are not this turn, then they are free to leave this turn. If they choose not to leave, then they risk being stuck there again. And if someone else moves there before they have a chance to move, thus risking that result, then it's still a conscious decision made by the group (it's a co-op game, after all). So I don't think that "recently delayed" distinction is necessary at all.

If you both were delayed, then you stand up your next movement phase but do not move, so you're still at the same location and still forced to pass this check or be delayed AGAIN.

Grudunza said:

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Avi_dreader said:

Use logic, Luke.

Basically, it needs to say something like "delayed in the previous turn," not "recently," recently is meaningless here. It could mean last turn, it could mean five turns ago. It's completely subjective. Game instructions should not contain ambiguity, but this is beyond ambiguity, it's beyond confusing, it's bad communication (i.e. not really communication at all, just a presumption that others will think of using the card the same way you imagined using it despite its lack of clarity).

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Grudunza said:

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Avi_dreader said:

Use logic, Luke.

I though't it was necessary because:

If you both were delayed, then you stand up your next movement phase but do not move, so you're still at the same location and still forced to pass this check or be delayed AGAIN.

Okay, you're right. But as Avi suggests, "delayed last turn" would be a better way to say it. Or how about making them LITAS? That might be an amusing way to depict that.

Grudunza said:

Grudunza said:

Or how about making them LITAS? That might be an amusing way to depict that.

That would be pretty funny.

Grudunza said:

Okay, you're right. But as Avi suggests, "delayed last turn" would be a better way to say it. Or how about making them LITAS? That might be an amusing way to depict that.

MNT, would you mind pointing me at the site where you found the pictures of those ladies?

Try "seven deadly sins" in google image search. That's how I found em.

Yeah, got them!

These really look awesome, like amped-up 'Corruptions'. Only 2 complaints:

1) I don't like mixing 'Christian' mythology with the Mythos, even though HPL himself did it (Dreams in the Witch House)

2) "Lust" is purely hetero-oriented. In my Arkham experience "The World Ain't Big Enough" Relationship card ALWAYS goes to 2 characters of the same sex, and I've only ever had female Investigators 'Delayed' by the 'Child of the Goat' monster.

So ignore my complaints and keep making awesome stuff!

I'm an atheist, so for me both crhistian and lovecraftian mythologies are equal Mythos as you said.

And isn't there church and holy water and rosary and sister Mary?

They talked about this on HP Podcraft, how 'Christian mythology' was used in Dreams in the Witch House- it still fits in with the Mythos cause the Mythos is supposed to be the underlying reality that lurks beneath EVERY earthly myth-system.

The preface to The Dunwich Horror begins: "Gorgons, and Hydras, and Chimaeras...may reproduce themselves in the brain of superstition- but they were there before." so there's always a place for traditional monsters and daemons. The 7 Sins aren't piles of eyeballs and tentacles, they're very human (and all hot)- so maybe that's the evil power that the human race brings to the table and not something from Beyond?

HPL was an atheist/materialist- so why do Crosses work against the Mythos at all? But it works against Keziah in the Witch House...

Which specific Ancient Ones go best with each Deadly Sin?... maybe Gluttony could be the Herald of Y-Golonac cause he's "corpulent". Lust would probably be associated with Shub Niggurath cause of the temptresses in her Cult. Maybe Wrath could be Cthugha's Herald cause he's made of fire?

Fake Ghost Pirate said:

They talked about this on HP Podcraft, how 'Christian mythology' was used in Dreams in the Witch House- it still fits in with the Mythos cause the Mythos is supposed to be the underlying reality that lurks beneath EVERY earthly myth-system.

The preface to The Dunwich Horror begins: "Gorgons, and Hydras, and Chimaeras...may reproduce themselves in the brain of superstition- but they were there before." so there's always a place for traditional monsters and daemons. The 7 Sins aren't piles of eyeballs and tentacles, they're very human (and all hot)- so maybe that's the evil power that the human race brings to the table and not something from Beyond?

HPL was an atheist/materialist- so why do Crosses work against the Mythos at all? But it works against Keziah in the Witch House...

Which specific Ancient Ones go best with each Deadly Sin?... maybe Gluttony could be the Herald of Y-Golonac cause he's "corpulent". Lust would probably be associated with Shub Niggurath cause of the temptresses in her Cult. Maybe Wrath could be Cthugha's Herald cause he's made of fire?

Look up Y'Golonac on google, and you might want to reconsider changing him to lust ;')

Sloth for Cthulhu, because he's always under the water, dreaming.

Tsthoggua looks like a big eater though, he's even got hog in his name.

Envy for Yig.

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Envy for Yig.

Greed for Hastur? Because he's got yellow connections to gold and the herald? (And I can't think of a more appropriate one).

Pride to Azathoth? For none are stronger than Azathoth?

Well, I picked Envy for the Yig because of nice curse interaction.

Avi_dreader said:

Greed for Hastur? Because he's got yellow connections to gold and the herald? (And I can't think of a more appropriate one).

Well, I would argue that Hastur has nothing to do with gold ^^. The yellow color comes from the King in Yellow novel by R Chambers. The Yellow color was likely picked because of its relation to the "banner of Decadence in Yellow Nineties" (citation from Robert Price, introduction to the Hastur Cycle). Hastur is a deity of madness, not really greed...

this sorting of mythos deities by christian values sounds odds. Anyway, that is a fun exercise. Good luck with greed :-))

amikezor said:

Avi_dreader said:

Well, I would argue that Hastur has nothing to do with gold ^^. The yellow color comes from the King in Yellow novel by R Chambers. The Yellow color was likely picked because of its relation to the "banner of Decadence in Yellow Nineties" (citation from Robert Price, introduction to the Hastur Cycle). Hastur is a deity of madness, not really greed...

this sorting of mythos deities by christian values sounds odds. Anyway, that is a fun exercise. Good luck with greed :-))

I know Hastur is madness ;') but, honestly, none of the others had anything to do with gold either (as far as I know), so, Hastur wins by virtue of being related to the color of goooooold, plus, greed is a form of insanity ;') (It's a stretch, but hey, it's the best I can do).

Avi_dreader said:

I know Hastur is madness ;') but, honestly, none of the others had anything to do with gold either (as far as I know), so, Hastur wins by virtue of being related to the color of goooooold, plus, greed is a form of insanity ;') (It's a stretch, but hey, it's the best I can do).

alright, I'm convinced (that was easy, right ? :-)

amikezor said:

Avi_dreader said:

alright, I'm convinced (that was easy, right ? :-)

Phew, that was easy ;') Speaking of easy ;'D when are you going to start playing the Fan Creation League again?