Kantus Order card #34

By Bjbu, in Gears of War: The Board Game

I have a question to the Kantus Order card #34.

The Otherwise action is: "Move 2 areas toward the nearest COG figure. Then spawn 1 Locust A at the emergence hole nearest to the Kantus."

Today the following situation occured to me in my game: The Kantus moved 1 area toward Damon Baird and the COG used a 'Guard' card as a Reaction and kills the Kantus with one attack.

The question I have is: Does 1 Locust A spawn nevertheless even if the Kantus is killed already?

If a Locust A spawns anyway, where does he spawn? I ask since the condition "at the emergence hole nearest to the Kantus" can not be fulfilled, because the Kantus is killed and not on the map any longer.

How would You play this situation?

Bjbu said:

I have a question to the Kantus Order card #34.

The Otherwise action is: "Move 2 areas toward the nearest COG figure. Then spawn 1 Locust A at the emergence hole nearest to the Kantus."

Today the following situation occured to me in my game: The Kantus moved 1 area toward Damon Baird and the COG used a 'Guard' card as a Reaction and kills the Kantus with one attack.

The question I have is: Does 1 Locust A spawn nevertheless even if the Kantus is killed already?

If a Locust A spawns anyway, where does he spawn? I ask since the condition "at the emergence hole nearest to the Kantus" can not be fulfilled, because the Kantus is killed and not on the map any longer.

How would You play this situation?

I would probably go with no Locust spawned. Kantus was summoning it, but got killed and its call was silenced before the Locust could emerge.