Anyone have Never Night spoilers?

By badash56, in CoC General Discussion

Will be a bit until I can get this, anyone have a spoiler list?? :)

Great AP: buy it or die screaming. How about these 2 for starters?

*James Crusher
Type: Character Faction: Syndicate
Cost: 3 Skill: 4 Icon: (CC)
Criminal
Action: Choose a non-Ancient One character committed to the same story as James Crusher. Uncommit James Crusher to uncommit the chosen character.

Kidnapping 101 on a stick... Literally on a stick because he is holding dynamite in the picture. This is an auto include card if you play Syndicate.

The Forgotten Explorer
Type: Character Faction: Shubby-wubby
Cost: 2 Skill: 2 Icon: (CI)
Cultist
Forced Response: After your opponent has committed characters, choose the story with the fewest committed characters, minimum of 1. The Forgotten Explorer exhausts and then commits to that story.

Investigate for Shub who already has the muscle to commit to a story every turn so the Forced Response will likely never be a downside.

MU and Cthulhu have AMAZING cards in this AP!

how about the rest ? :)

Especially cthulhu killer cards.

And I like that new Shubby cultist :)

Called our local store, they said they wouldn't have it until Tuesday.

I happen to have a Syndicate+Shub deck I put together last night with me at work so those are the only cards I can spoil for now. I will try to feed you more tonight. The only factions I thought were given little to nothing in the set were Silver Twilight and Agency.

Wow, 49 views and only 3 comments. This will be the last one spoiled unless some of you lurkers/slackers start posting! lengua.gif gran_risa.gif gui%C3%B1o.gif

Magnetic Spike
Type: Event Faction: MU
Cost: 2
Disaster
Action: Return all non-Relic support cards in play to the top of its owner's deck in any order.

Better than bounce tech because the Spike defines your opponent's draw for the following turn creating a hand-resource tempo advantage. What I like most about the card is it has no loyalty limitations, which begins to open doors for MU to combo with other factions, particularly those that do not have access to solid support card destruction but may have discard tech to follow up on the disaster.

------------------------------
Magnetic Spike
Type: Event Faction: MU
Disaster
Action: Return all non-Relic support cards in play to the top of its owner's deck in any order.

-------------------------------

Pass. While it hands Misk the ability to finally deal with Infernal Obsession -which is (was?) a very meta defining card-, it is utterly dependant on what the opponent is playing. Also, it misses the current carte-du-jour not hitting khopesh

-------------------------------

*James Crusher
Type: Character Faction: Syndicate
Cost: 3 Skill: 4 Icon: (CC)
Criminal
Action: Choose a non-Ancient One character committed to the same story as James Crusher. Uncommit James Crusher to uncommit the chosen character.

---------------------------------

I kinda like him: He trades one for one with their best char avery round. Would have appreciated some armor or 2-1 capability for the price.

The Forgotten Explorer
Type: Character Faction: Shubby-wubby
Cost: 2 Skill: 2 Icon: (CI)
Cultist
Forced Response: After your opponent has committed characters, choose the story with the fewest committed characters, minimum of 1. The Forgotten Explorer exhausts and then commits to that story.

The forced response is not a huge drawback as it triggers only if you havent't committed it. The "minimum of 1" however kills its useability as an evader.

Of those three I like the Forgotten Explorer best. After Investigation was removed from the reprinted Dreamlands Messenger I thougt Shub wasn't supposed to ever get Investigation in the LCG (aside from Mi-Go).

James Crusher continues the trend of turning Syndicate into a high-skill faction.

Magnetic Spike is pretty good even though it doesn't affect relics.

Judging from what I've seen so far this is really a great AP!

Something Green:

Horrific Light
Type: Event Faction: Cthulhu
Cost: 3
Action: Wound a character you control to destroy a character with lower skill than the character you wounded.

The possibilities...

Please help me understand why the following card was printed. We have been looking at it and cannot figure out why this could ever be good (for anything other than possible janky combos):

Premature Detonation
Type: Event Faction: Syndicate
Disaster
Loyal. Play during your story phase after all players have committed characters. Action: Exhaust all non-Ancient One characters in play.

Thanks!

I am digging James Crusher, he is going into my Syndicate skill deck asap. :) He's almost like a built in Cavern of Flame (almost). Any decent Hastur cards?

James Crusher looks pretty great to me too. I love nasty story surprises with Syndicate.

Forgotten Explorer looks interesting too. I don't see the Forced Response being much of an issue.

The only thing I can come up with for Premature Detonation is that maybe your opponent has uncommitted characters that exhaust for something useful? That's pretty thin though. Overall I agree that I can't imagine why it would be worth such a high price. 3 Loyal is expensive and it seems very niche.

Nobody with the pack has time to post a full spoiler list? How about just something cool for Yog then? They haven't gotten anything spoiled yet.

Premature Detonation
Type: Event Faction: Syndicate
Disaster
Loyal. Play during your story phase after all players have committed characters. Action: Exhaust all non-Ancient One characters in play.

Thing thing that is odd about this, is that it would exhaust your left over non-AO characters also. Potentially leaving you rather defenseless on your opponents following turn. I don't see a use for it at that expensive cost, let alone even if it only cost 1.

I guess you could use it to exhaust something like Mage Know as Magnus, but Syndicate has many, many other easier ways to exhaust cards.

dboeren said:

The only thing I can come up with for Premature Detonation is that maybe your opponent has uncommitted characters that exhaust for something useful? That's pretty thin though. Overall I agree that I can't imagine why it would be worth such a high price. 3 Loyal is expensive and it seems very niche.

dboeren said:

Nobody with the pack has time to post a full spoiler list? How about just something cool for Yog then? They haven't gotten anything spoiled yet.

Anyway, blanking text boxes seems to be the Yetis' schtick, judging from the small sample we've seen gui%C3%B1o.gif

The Yeti looks decent. Not super exciting (at least until we see what Polar Events are in the set that we might combo him with) but reasonable.

Cost 4, CCC3

Immune to Polar Events, Toughness +2

Action: While Enslaved Yeti is committed to a story, wound it to blank the text boxes of all other non-Ancient One characters committed to the same story, until the end of the phase.

I hate to tell you but there are no Polar events... See my comment in the news section. I will try to spoil more tonight!

Tunnel Lurker
Type: Character Faction: Yog
Cost: 2 Skill: 2 Icon: (TT)
Monster
Forced Response: After Tunnel Lurker commits to a story, each player must discard 1 card from the top of his deck for each other character he has committed.

Dark Sarcophagus
Type: Support Faction: Yog
Relic
After Dark Sarcophagus leaves play, shuffle it into its owners deck. Action: Exhaust Dark Sarcophagus and pay X to choose an opponent. Reveal the top X cards of that opponent's deck, then discard all card with cost X or more. All cards not discarded are added to his hand.

Lurker is cool becasue it fills a gap in low cost characters that directly support a mill mechanic, as in block and discard. While I appreciate the focus on ramping up Yog mill, I am not feeling Sarcophagus as it is a weaker version of Blackmoor Estate and is even less desirable than Prism or Things In the Ground for reliable mill. The "shuffle into its owners deck" ability is not all that impressive for a faction rife with recursion. Reality check: how many Support cards are you going to really run in one deck?

Incidentally, Lurker flavor text>art

Here is the Hastur card seen on the News page:

Apeirophobia
Type: Event Faction: Hastur
Madness
Action: Choose a non-Ancient One character. That character's controller chooses to either have that character go insane or discards X cards from his hand. X is the skill of the chosen character.

Apeirophobia is the fear of space going on forever or fear of something never ending... Note to FFG: how about some cheimaphobia so we can add an actual POLAR EVENT!?!

Look in Nyarlazorbec's thread - his card builder has been updated with all the Never Night cards including pictures and everything.

*Jaques Artois, Agency Character, CII3, cost 4, Investigator
Forced Response: After a character you control is wounded, Jacques Artois gains CI until the end of the phase.

Recovered Icebreaker, Agency Support, cost 0
Action: Exhaust an Agency character to search your discard pile for an Attachment support card and attach it to that character.

Silent Mover, Cthulhu Character, CCA3, cost 4, Deep One, Fast, Toughness+1
Action: Pay 1 to ready The Silent Mover

Burden Bearer, Cthulhu Character, TT2, cost 3, Independent, Loyal
Disrupt: After you win a Terror struggle at a story where Burden Bearer was committed alone, discard a success token from that story.

*Temple of R'lyeh, Cthulhu Support, cost 2, Location
Action: Sacrifice a Cthulhu character to choose an opponent. That opponent must sacrifice a character he controls.

Horrific Light, Cthulhu Event, cost 3
Action: Wound a character you control to destroy a character with lower skill than the character you wounded.

Deranged Sailor, Hastur Character, CC2, cost 3, Lunatic
Response: After you succeed at a story that Deranged Sailor is committed to, drive Deranged Sailor insane to make all ready characters go insane.

Apeirophobia, Hastur Event, cost 2, Madness
Action: Choose a non-AO character. That character's controller chooses to either have that character go insane or discards X cards from his hand. X is hte skill of the chosen character.

Expert Cartographer, Miskatonic Character, AI2, cost 3, Investigator
If you control any Location support cards, Expert Cartographer gains Fast and Toughness+1.

Magnetic Spike, Miskatonic Event, cost 2

The Forgotten Explorer, Shub Character, CI2, cost 2, Cultist

Even Here She Dwells, Shub Events, cost 2
Action: If your opponent has more characters in play than you, reveal the top 5 cards of your deck and place any Cultist or Monster characters into your hand, returning the rest of the cards to the top of your deck in any order.

*The Three Listeners, Silver Twilight Character, CA2, cost 3, Lodge, Toughness+1
If you have fewer cards in hand than each opponent, The Three Listeners gain AI.

*Eon Chart, Silver Twilight Support, cost 2, Attachment, Relic
Attach to a character you control. Action: Add an additional story struggle of your choice to 1 story until the end of the phase. At the end of the phase, sacrifice attached character and shuffle Eon Chart into its owner's deck. Limit once per phase.

Ice Shaft, Neutral Support, cost 3, Location, Polar
Action: Sacrifice Ice Shaft to choose and destroy a character with skill 3 or lower.

*James Crusher, Syndicate Character, CC4, cost 3, Criminal
Action: Choose a non-AO character committed to the same story as James Crusher. Uncommit James Crusher to uncommit the chosen character.

Premature Detonation, Syndicate Event, cost 3, Disaster, Loyal
Play during your story phase after all players have committed character. Action: Exhaust all non-AO characters in play.

Tunnel Lurker, Yog Character, TT2, cost 2, Monster
Forced Response: After Tunnel Lurker commits to a story, each player must discard 1 card from the top of his deck for each other character he has committed.

Enslaved Yeti, Yog Character, CCC3, cost 4, Monster, Yeti, Immune to Polar Events, Toughness+2
Action: While Enslaved Yeti is committed to a story, wound it to blank the text boxes of all other non-AO characters committed to the same story, until the end of the phase.

*Dark Sarcophagus, Yog Support, cost 3, Relic
After Dark Sarcophagus leaves play, shuffle it into its owner's deck. Action: Exhaust Dark Sarcophagus and pay X to choose an opponent. Reveal the top X cards of that opponent's deck, then discard all cards that cost X or more. All cards not discarded are added to his hand.

OK, that's it. Hopefully there are no typos, if you see something that looks suspicious let me know or check it against the deck builder.

Been a while since we've had a new Neutral card I think, and it seems like a useful one. I think my favorite artwork of the pack is Burden Bearer, very well done on that one. Least favorite art is a harder call, but I think I'm going to give it to Silent Mover for somehow managing to make a Deep One look like a garden gnome. Functionally, I really like Deranged Sailor, I think he's going to go straight into the Yog/Hastur deck I started building as soon as I can get my hands on the actual pack.

dboeren said:

Look in Nyarlazorbec's thread - his card builder has been updated with all the Never Night cards including pictures and everything.

[...]

OK, that's it. Hopefully there are no typos, if you see something that looks suspicious let me know or check it against the deck builder.

Thanks for the complete spoiler!

However, the above sounds as if you typed the card texts manually. In case you didn't know:

If you've installed the Deck Builder and display the card, there's a button in the card viewer window that allows you to copy the card content to the clipboard to paste it into your posts. No need for typing anything manually!

I did not know that, would have saved me some work last night :)

dboeren said:

I did not know that, would have saved me some work last night :)

There's a lot of features in the deck builder that aren't immediately obvious. It took me a long time before I figured out how to manage my collection, how to customize the card listings, or how to use the advanced filters to good effect. It's really a brilliant piece of software - kudos to Nyarlazobec! aplauso.gif

Now back to the spoiled cards:

The Agency cards don't impress me much.

But, oh my, look at the Cthulhu goodness! Very good cards all around.

Apeirophobia is a new favorite Hastur event card. Flexibility is always welcome.

Fast & Toughness is rare for Miskatonic, so the Expert Cartographer will likely find its place in some decks.

The new Lodge cards are also quite good. The Three Listeners are extremely likely to have that Investigation icon most of the time.

The Sarcophagus is meh, but the other two Yog cards are solid.

Ice Shaft should have been an event card.

In conclusion: A very nice AP!

Hello guys,

Thank you for the kind comments happy.gif

FYI, there is an easier way to generate a full spoiler list for a complete deck or pack :

- Load the deck (or AP full list loaded from the "All Cards" or "Starters" folders)

- Click on the Export button in the main screen

- Select "Spoiler" export format and destination (file or clipboard) into the export format dialog box

- Click Ok.

Et voilĂ  !

Cheers,

Nyarla

Nyarlazorbec said:

FYI, there is an easier way to generate a full spoiler list for a complete deck or pack :

- Load the deck (or AP full list loaded from the "All Cards" or "Starters" folders)

- Click on the Export button in the main screen

- Select "Spoiler" export format and destination (file or clipboard) into the export format dialog box

- Click Ok.

Wow! So, there's an even easier way. sorpresa.gif See, it's often just like this!

You think to yourself: "Wouldn't it be nice if the Deck Builder could do 'x'?" - only to find out it's already implemented! cool.gif

Thanks for dropping by, Nyarlazorbec, and thanks for such a great tool - it's really irreplacable for deck planning & building! happy.gif

Tokhuah said:

Tunnel Lurker

Type: Character Faction: Yog
Cost: 2 Skill: 2 Icon: (TT)
Monster

Ooooh! Thanks for the spoil! I have now found the replacement for Guardian of the Key in my deck. Tunnel Lurker is a very threatening card to simply just have in play and can potentially slow your opponent down just long enough to get your mill engine set up. And if he doesnt slow down, then he will surely be punished for his rush.

Lovely lovely card. corazon.gif