Weapon Jinx vs Best Quality

By Adeptus-B, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

So, the errata'd version of the psychic power Weapon Jinx automatically causes the targeted weapon to jam. Best Quality weapons never jam. So, which one would you say wins out? I lean toward WJ, since it is a supernatural alteration of reality, but I'd like to hear from some other GMs before I make a final ruling...

As always with two always and never things going heady on it's a tough decision.
But most of the time I tend to think up some kind of middle way.

In this example that could mean making the weapon unreliable instead of auto jamming.

Else I'd say WJ wins 'cause it's not a normal jam.

Weapon Jinx will Jam Best weapon =>Best weapon newer jam, it misshoot instead=>the next time jinxed best q. weapon will be fired, it will miss.

Perfectly in rules =)

I say it jams. Good craftsmanship does not trump psychic powers.

It Jams.

As a general rule, as stated by FFG, when 2 statements conflict, the negative one trumps the positive.

Darth Smeg said:

It Jams.

As a general rule, as stated by FFG, when 2 statements conflict, the negative one trumps the positive.

Where is that general rule stated? I must've missed that. Also, the wording for that might matter in determining which result would be considered the "negative." When I think of which statement is the negative, J (it jams) or not J (it doesn't jam), my interpretation is pretty clear... But then, when I think of "least beneficial" to represent "negative", your assessment wins out.

Thanks for the replies- jam it is!

Unusualsuspect said:

Where is that general rule stated?

You got me! I thought it was in the Errata, and went to check. Sure enough, it was in the Errata, just not for DH. This was a rule clarification for Chaos in the Old World, a completely different (but great) game by FFG.

I apologize for spreading Heresy, and will now immediately submit myself to servitorization.