Little bug

By Tyrant, in Elder Sign: Omens

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but here goes.

Had a nice game going, although got stuck on one tough mission that had my red die and yellow die locked.. sucks needing all 6 green dice and needing them all to roll perfectly through 5 ordered tasks. But hey.. it got done.. eventually..

But after that, my Gloria Goldberg character went to do the Hallway on Fire mission. It had two tasks to do, and I think it was a -1 stamina penalty for each terror die rolled. Anyhow, she was down to two stamina when she started this mission. Task one, success, but -1 stamina. Task two, success, but -1 stamina. So up popped the death screen for poor old Gloria, then you hear (but not see) the rewards coming out, and the game froze.. didn't crash per se, but was just stuck at the screen where the hmm.. I don't know the best way to put it.. the grey doors close... (from the top and bottom of the screen). SO I went back to the desktop.

I went back into the game, and it was still stuck. Then I shut down the Elder Sign task, and reloaded the game up. It asked me if I wished to continue, YES I said.. Hmm.. Gloria was back alive with her two stamina, the Hallway on Fire mission was nowhere to be seen, and it looked like Gloria had the rewards from the mission...

T

... again, as per rules you CANNOT attempt an adventure if that will bring your investigator sanity and/or stamina to 0 or less. Sure the game should not allow you to even try but until FFG actually implement a fully comprehensive code, your crash is a deserved punishment to try to cheat ;-)

So what you're saying is that we should never die?

If as you say 'you CANNOT attempt an adventure if that will bring your investigator sanity and/or stamina to 0 or less.'

Then a) we should never be able to do an adventure, as there's always a chance we die.

or b) you should never die when doing an adventure, hereby winning every game, unless you lose to doom tokens.

It's not like I tried to do an adventure that killed me before I even get a chance to roll the dice, I was killed in succeeding all the tasks.

... you can die, but only in failing an adventure, not in completing/succeeding it. From page 7 of the PDF available from this site (in bold text!): A player may not complete a task if the requirements will reduce his Sanity or Stamina to 0 or less.

But yes, you are right, if there are terror effects, then the game should obviously let you have a go at the adventure, but I've seen at least one case where there was no way my investigator could succeed without dying. Perhaps this is allowed so you can discard glyphs until exhausted and place him/her for assistance on the next turn. If so, it is a clunky design - if this is in the spirit of the game, then let investigators commit to an adventure without having to do a glyph dance before they can provide their assist move.

Or you can simply enter an adventur, roll the glyphs, then press the title followed by a press on the "fail adventure" button..
alot easier and faster than discarding all the glyphs, dont you think?