Minor Enhancement Suggestions

By Rodzilla68, in Elder Sign: Omens

1. Have it remember our name, so we don't have to re-type it every time we finish a game.
  2. I don't understand why you only display the right half of the icons on the left side of the screen, when there is white space on the right side of the screen? I.E. shift everything to the right so you can see the full circles (elder/clock/investigator).
  3. Make the buttons on the title screen a little larger.
  4. Maybe this is just me, but every time it switches to a new character, the first thing I do is bring up the character screen to see what skills/inventory items they have before checking out the adventures. Maybe have an option to display this first? Might even be better than the character transition screen which takes about 5 seconds or so of waiting to get through it.
  5. Make the lock icons on the green/yellow/red indicators more obvious...brighter maybe?

Thanks!

I think #2 is a design choice, and I actually like it that way. I agree with everything else, though.

Also, as stated elsewhere, please get rid of there being 3 doom tokens at once, and come up with a better scoring system. Otherwise, it's terrific.

I will add two more things to my thread:

1. Sometimes the music stutters. I'm playing the game on an iPhone 4.

2. At the stroke of midnight, I got a message that said "Doom +1 and a monster" and then after the monster appeared, ANOTHER monster appeared. I guess there is a chance for multiple events to happen, but it feels a little confusing. Maybe it should have said "Doom +1 and 2 monsters" or something?

Did you happen to have an adventure with a midnight effect that released a monster?

I think there are three ways for a monster to appear at midnight, though I could be wrong: 1 random monster, 1 monster from an added doom token and 1 monster from midnight effects.