Life-sized 40k weapons and purity seals

By Inquistor Hexx, in Fan Art

Hey gang, I wanted to share some props I've made from the 40k universe! I've been running a 40k game since Dark Heresy first launched and we've been incorporating each new system as it released so after a few years of gaming I decided to spruce up the gaming table a bit hehe.

Sadly the weapons aren't Astartes sizes, but no one in my group is either!

here's my Bolt Pistol -

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0492.jpg

Here's the Inferno Pistol -

IMG_0494sm.jpg

IMG_0519sm.jpg

And finally here's a couple of Purity Seals I made as rewards for my players -

purity_seal_set2.jpg

Hope you like them!

Very awesome, care to do a "how to" for these?

I just set up a blog which goes into details of how I made my props actually! I've got pictures of the build process as well as descriptions of what materials I used and how I did it :)

You can read about it here - steamtech1876.blogspot.com/

How did you do the text on the fabric?

I have the collecters edition of deathwatch and the collecters edition of the space marine game that came with the magnet purity seal so it's currently making my deathwatch collecters ed extra-pure (though before the collecters ed arrived it was fighting a constant battle against corruption seething within my fridge.

I'd love to make some of my own.

Hmm.... and maybe a couple of heretical seals.. Genestealer-Cult seals...

any chance you take on commission work? those are great!!

The purity seal strips are printed on cotton by a local company for me.

I do take commissions but there's some things I can't sell due to copyrights and protected IPs and the like. You can find my email address on my blog - steamtech1876.blogspot.com/ (I'm always a bit leery posting my email address on public forums). Please feel free to drop me an email and we can talk :D

Here's some new stuff I've put together recently:

Master Crafted Inferno Pistol

white_inferno.jpg

Astarte Bolt Pistol

bolt_pistol_1.jpg

New Imperial Guard Medals of Honor

IMG_0563.jpg

Feaking awesome work. Too bad I can't replicate it myself, I have the artistic ability of a walrus. :)

I would love the purity seals. babeo.gif

I was chasing a xenos (read - cat) around my house when it become very obvious that a bolt pistol was only as good as it's ammunition, and having no ammo was seriously affecting my marksmanship.

The answer was obvious...to the workshop!

Fresh from the forge, bolt shells!

bolt_shells_bordered.jpg

(because the bolt shells from the "Ultramarines" movie were just too awesome looking!)

AWESOME! T-T <-- crying is apraisal

Oh my goodness gracious me…

And I always thought I was doing well when I brought a home drawn map on tea soaked paper as prop…

They are truly splendid props - well done, well done indeed!

David.

Awesome. Especially the medals. They look really realistic. Did you actually serve in the Imperial Navy?

Wicked job! Love the ideas! Would love to see some tutorials on making these awesome pieces, if you wish to share. :)

Any online shop where you can buy those amazing things?