Lead Colors

By Walk, in Android

Good day to you all. I have thoroughly perused the rules for Android and intend to buy it when I have the funds. The rules seem quite intricate, but I trust that I will understand them better after playing. There is just one thing that I cannot fathom: the character sheets mention placing leads of particular colors. I cannot find any indication in the rulebook that differently colored leads have different effects, or even that leads come in different colors. Is this a mistake on the sheets? Are the colors just used for card effects?

It doesn't affect much directly, but since the color of the leads matches that of the locations they start in, and a lead moves to a different location of the same color when you follow it up, it makes it easier to keep track of which lead is which and where they're supposed to be placed; otherwise it can be easy to forget or mix them up (unfortunately, there are a handful of effects that let you ignore the usual lead placement rules, so the colors do often get mismatched by the end of the game)

Ah, subochre, fancy meeting you here! Many thanks for the help.