Tannhauser Online Updated

By m0ebius, in Tannhauser

Hi

I have just uploaded the Version 1.0 of my tannhauser Online, which I created and Miah posted in his blog Here . I will post new updates on this thread.

The New Version can be downloaded here

Changelog:

- Shogunate faction added
- Multiplayer rules added (sighthly updated with the daedaulus extra entrance tokens for old maps) Miah posted them Here
- Campaign rules added Miah posted them Here
- Miah Mercenary Faction Added (rules can be found in his blog here )
- Rhydderch Kane Character added (rules can be found in his blog Here )

For those that don't know what this is, go check Miahs blog post, there is a full description there but in short it is a plattform to play Tannhauser over the internet; it leverages a platform called Fantasy Grounds II that can be found here and the free version is enough to play, my module has:

All the Tannhauser characters and tokens released so far (some bonus tokens and packs may be missing)
Custom created Maps
Custom Characters and Tokens
Tables to simulate the crate tokens
Automated Dice Roller

It does not have

FFG Official maps
Any FFG official rules
Game automation

You still need to own the game in order to play as you need to have the rules (same goes for every figure expansion)

Feedback about it is welcome, new maps, missing tokens or fan created characters are welcome as well.

AWESOME! I'm installing crossover and fantasy grounds now, kinda slow going- but i'm super stoked to try this out!

Thx :-)

I forgot to mention, for anybody that had installed the previous version you just have to overwrite the old files with the new ones.

If anybody has problems connecting or hosting the game with FGII feel free to ask, FGII forums will also help. I hope the instructions in the blog post and the ones I wrote inside the FGII itself are enough, If anybody gets lost post here!

I wish FFG would fully support your program.

GOOD GOOD GOOD!!!
Thanks for all your works, they're awsome!

wildger said:

I wish FFG would fully support your program.

I wish that too! If I had their permission (and the images) I would include the official maps on the build.

I think that Tannhauser Online could benefit to spread the game, and as the online and tabletop experiences are so different there is not realy competition between them. Also as the FGII has no game automation at all players still need to own the rules in order to play.

Tannhauser Online V2 is on! Download it Here

Changelog

- Completed some missing bonus tokens and winter packs
- Added some Bonus packs released with shogunate figure expansions
- Added tokens for objective mode
- Added Peter Miller BPRD faction (AKA Hellboy and his pals) you can check their rules in his blog Savage Tales here
- Added my updated map versions, Ksiaz Castle, Catacombs and Tesla Priory I posted about them here
- Updated Outdoor map and Bunker map with doors and daedalus rules
- Updated my Multiplayer and Campaign rules
- Brand New Look and feel (dungeon theme) way more appropiate for Tannhauser than the former one.
- All maps initial size is smaller
- Tokens automatically resize to appropiate size when placing on maps
- Enhanced token quality for some badly scanned tokens
- Minor errors fixed

To install just overwrite again the folders and files, you will see 2 campaigns to choose from when starting Fantasy Grounds II, this version is "Tannhauser Online v2"

Remember, to play only the host needs to download the module, the clients just needs the Fantasy Grounds 2 Software.

I had 40 downloads on the previous version of Tannhauser Online! Enjoy this new version :-)

If you have trouble installing or playing post it here :-)

Tannhauser Online v3 is up!!

Changelog:

-New Look and Feel, everything looks "Tannhauserish" now!!!

- All useless buttons on the sidebar have been removed

- Natalya Added

- Matriarchy troop pack added (that took some pausing, capturing and photoshopping miahs video review...)

-Second trooper of each type added (so teams can have now 2 troopers of the same kind)

- Hoax character sheet corrected

- Bonus tokens added

- Lots of minor fixes in tokens, sheets etc...

To install same procedure as before: Download Here , open zip, extract zip on the tannhauser folder (can be reached by clicking start-->all programs-->fantasygrounds II-->application data folder

Do read the "readme" it contais all the instructions you might need.

Feedback encouraged.

Enjoy!

gran_risa.gif WOOHOOO!

Artemus Maximus said:

also im trying to figure out this fantasy grounds program....i loaded demo campaign and created one...w/ load, program crashes when i select a map. when i create, there are no map options...guess im not sure how this works :)

Some Questions,

1 did you try previous versions before?, did you have the same problem?

2 Are you using a MAC? Its supposed to work on MAC but I never tried that, I dont own one.

3 have you tried uninstalling everything and installing again?

4 did you install the last version of fantasy grounds? 2.8.1 from fantasy grounds website here ? or some other version from the web?

5 Did you check the installation instructions from miahs blog here ? images are no longer current but everything else is.

I made the adaptation to be self descriptive, when you click maps a list of maps should appear. then on factions the characters sheets etc. There is a big readme that is meant to be read ;-)

I had 80 downloads on the 2.0 version, I would be glad to know if someone else has experienced problems, specially learning curve problems. Honestly this is the first feedback ever I get from the community.

Nhoj said:

I'll volunteer if I can understand the programme AND synchronise with opponents

-Nhoj

(this is a big ?)

You need to open ports and stop any p2p you might have running to save bandwith, the program needs some data transfer specially at the setup (around 20 mb of upload on the first connection) 5 mb on the following ones.

Networking FAQ here If it does not work then we always have Hamachi (freeware VPN software) I adds 20 minutes to the initial setup but is a workaround to most network misteries.

Last but not least FG has a really nice alias functionality, host creates an alias (a series of words IE: "echo lion vast hub", connecting player copies that alias in the program and it finds the host on its own, no ip stuff involved, easy peasy!

It worries me that the program is not easily understood, a simple video is due im afraid... I will try to record one and as Miah to host it in his blog as well.

Moebius said:

Artemus Maximus said:

also im trying to figure out this fantasy grounds program....i loaded demo campaign and created one...w/ load, program crashes when i select a map. when i create, there are no map options...guess im not sure how this works :)

Some Questions,

1 did you try previous versions before?, did you have the same problem?

2 Are you using a MAC? Its supposed to work on MAC but I never tried that, I dont own one.

3 have you tried uninstalling everything and installing again?

4 did you install the last version of fantasy grounds? 2.8.1 from fantasy grounds website here ? or some other version from the web?

5 Did you check the installation instructions from miahs blog here ? images are no longer current but everything else is.

I made the adaptation to be self descriptive, when you click maps a list of maps should appear. then on factions the characters sheets etc. There is a big readme that is meant to be read ;-)

I had 80 downloads on the 2.0 version, I would be glad to know if someone else has experienced problems, specially learning curve problems. Honestly this is the first feedback ever I get from the community.

1. nope, this is the first time i've tried.

2. no, using windows XP PC.

3. not yet, will try that this evening.

4. yes, followed your links, FGII updated to 2.8.1 after installed

5. yes - everything comes up including character cards, tokens, readme pages, etc. it's just when you have the selection dialog box (where you have squares next to each selection and cursor changes to a hand, the boxes dont 'check' and opening a map just freezes everything...have to end program in task manager.

now for the Tannhauser data, i copied & pasted the 3 folders into the FGII Aplication Data folder which is located at C:Documents and SettingsOwnerApplication DataFantasy Grounds II, by default. Should they be in another location?

THIS is why i prefer analog games to digital games gui%C3%B1o.gif But this looks REALLY good and should be fun to be able to play against you all!

OK I'm definitely in happy.gif

Now how do I find the readme document? I need nice easy steps, I can see all the maps counters and character sheets, so I'm getting there

-Nhoj

OK I'm definitely in

Now how do I find the readme document? I need nice easy steps, I can see all the maps counters and character sheets, so I'm getting there

-Nhoj

Great! Please sign up in the tournament thread following the format (timezone, availability, team preference) and send me the friend request with your mail or some contact data so I can reach out :-)

The readme is the first link in the TO, above the Maps.

I am recording a Video to make it easier :-)

Artemus Maximus said:

3. not yet, will try that this evening.

5. yes - everything comes up including character cards, tokens, readme pages, etc. it's just when you have the selection dialog box (where you have squares next to each selection and cursor changes to a hand, the boxes dont 'check' and opening a map just freezes everything...have to end program in task manager.

THIS is why i prefer analog games to digital games gui%C3%B1o.gif But this looks REALLY good and should be fun to be able to play against you all!

3- No need I think I know the problem.

5- I have a Quad core with 4gb ram and the map takes 10-15 seconds to load, have you tried waiting for 30-40 secs before quitting? the problem might be due to system resources. Its not a big issue, as the host is the one to consume most resources, just play as client. try loading a character sheet, it these load easily thats the problem.

I prefer live tannhauser also, this is not a diital game either, this is a platfform to be able to play out beloved game across a distance, and it has still some rough edges to polish :-)

Ill try to reach out directly to you and try to help. Meanwhile Im trying to record a video without sounding too silly... trying to have some silence with 2 kids around is not that easy ;-)

it appears that if i click & drag the little box next to a map name onto the playing area (or click the map name), it DOES load the following maps in less than 3 sec.:

Cavetroll

Castillo

Cementario

Ciudad 2

Jungle

Luxor Temple

Updated Foix Bunker

The following give the error message in windows pop-up window "Fantasy Grounds encountered a problem and needs to close. ..." after about 5 sec and program is terminated:

Ciudad

Nostromo A

Updated Castle Ksiaz

Updated Catacombs

Updated Outdoor

Updated Tesla Priory

This is the first time I encounter this, try replacing the Campaign folder from the v3 no need to replace the others, all the images are there. Maybe there was a problem uncompressing these files. Nevertheless it seems that the ones not loading in your case are the bigger ones. It may also be a memory problem... no sweat here as I said you can either act as client or play in the maps that load.

You can also try to view the files from the windows folder itself in case the files are damaged somehow, these images are in the C:UsersPrincipalAppDataRoamingFantasy Grounds IIcampaignsTannhauser Online 3.0imagesMAPS/tannhauserv3/images/maps

I have uploaded the videos here

I will ask miah to pos it in his blog if he does not mind, I have no idea to upload these things XD

What do you need posted exactly, I think I've missed part of the conversation. I've been busy.

Moebius' insturctional videos will be live on the blog/youtube later today, be sure to check them out.

Miah999 said:

Moebius' insturctional videos will be live on the blog/youtube later today, be sure to check them out.

Thx a lot Miah!

Miah999 said:

For eas of use, you can find link to the videos Here

Hello again

I have updated the tannhauser Online with Edison, theFrankenstahl and Op Hinansho tokens, you can download it here

What are the bones in some circles of your "Updated Daedalus"-Map are standing for?

Didn't really got that point.

The bones are part of the original map! They have no special rules (check here ) but they are used in some scenarios in the Daedalus expansion.

Ähm…. they're not part of the original map. At least not on mine…

So I'm wondering, where they come from.