Another Conquest point question...

By spikedfever, in StarCraft

This question popped-up when i was reading through the rulebook "Tips" about conquest points:

"...You should also try to place your base on an area that provides conquest points, as you gain resources from empty territories of a planet if you are the only player with a base on the planet ...."

- Starcraft Rulebook, page 9

The underline part seems a little unclear to me.

So, if I do build a base on a area that contains conquest points, how do I gain the other resources? Do i just take the resource card of the other areas on the current planet even though I dont have a base on it?

Thanks in advance for those reading this and helping out. Please reply! Your comments are much obliged! :)

spikedfever said:

how do I gain the other resources? Do i just take the resource card of the other areas on the current planet even though I dont have a base on it?

If you have base on some planet, you automaticlay gains all resource cards of that planet as long as no other player has units / base on this planet. If that happens, at the end of turn you loose these resource card, on which areas enemy has units / base (and all your workers assigned to this resource card are destroyed)

If you have no base on planet, you gain no resource card(s) for this planet.

ok now that makes more sense :D thanks a bunch!