Scoring omens with the Toika Heavy MG

By Advosan, in Gears of War: The Board Game

What happens if you score an omen with the Toika?

Plus, since the Toika is an equippement card, do I need to spend an order card to activate it?

Does Damon Bard need to also spend a card to activate the Toika?

Advosan said:

What happens if you score an omen with the Toika?

Plus, since the Toika is an equippement card, do I need to spend an order card to activate it?

Does Damon Bard need to also spend a card to activate the Toika?

#1: Since nothing is mentioned, I'd say nothing.

#2: Yes.

#3: Baird can pickup or activate special abilities of tiles for free so I guess not.

The rules specified that you must discard a card to resolve the order card, and discard a card for each special action (picking up dropped weapon, reviving a downed cog and activating a map equipment).

My question is, if you start your turn at a troika MG and spent a card to fire the troika (discard a card for special action), do you still have to discard the mandatory order card?

The rules specified that you must discard a card to resolve the order card, and discard a card for each special action (picking up dropped weapon, reviving a downed cog and activating a map equipment).

My question is, if you start your turn at a troika MG and spent a card to fire the troika (discard a card for special action), do you still have to discard the mandatory order card?

Since activating Troika is a special action, you still have to play one mandatory order card, even if you skip the action of the order card.

Yeah, it's the only rules wise logical move. But slightly thematically flawed.

If I'm firing a machine gun, why would I fire a couple pot shot with my rifle rather than fire the machine gun on full auto?

Thanks for the clarification anyway.

You don't play an Order card the turn you use Toika Heavy MG. Last sentence on 16B card reads:

"You do not play an Order card this turn."

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Ps: your avatar... makes everything you said seems angry. Hahaha...

Ps: your avatar... makes everything you said seems angry. Hahaha...

That's actually the point of it. Before the most recent change, had this grumpy looking wizard avatar, but Theodred works equally well in conveying my feelings whenever I make a post answering a rules question for which the answer could've been found in 10 seconds in the rulebook/FAQ ;) .

You don't play an Order card the turn you use Toika Heavy MG. Last sentence on 16B card reads:

"You do not play an Order card this turn."

I stand corrected. When I answered the question above, I did not have the cards in front of me; instead I just relied on the information given by the posters.

Same here, if you look at my first reply to this thread, I too said "yes" for having to play another Order card. Should have remembered to check the card :unsure: