coupla of questions after a few games. cover...

By madprof666, in Gears of War: The Board Game

the rules say you can move into cover for free. but does this have to be done after movement. if playing a card that has no movement on it, can u dive into cover in your area and then fulfil your order card?

also when picking up, i know it cant be done in the middle of movement, but can it be done between the sections of an order cards. i.e. move 3 (then pick up weapon) then attack 1. or would you have to move 3. attack 1. and THEN pick up a weapon/grenade/bleedout etc?

cheers, loving this game. possibly my fave game EVER!!

madprof666 said:

the rules say you can move into cover for free. but does this have to be done after movement. if playing a card that has no movement on it, can u dive into cover in your area and then fulfil your order card?

also when picking up, i know it cant be done in the middle of movement, but can it be done between the sections of an order cards. i.e. move 3 (then pick up weapon) then attack 1. or would you have to move 3. attack 1. and THEN pick up a weapon/grenade/bleedout etc?

#1: If you're out of cover and play, say Pummel (2 attacks), then you can't move and can't dive into cover before, between or after your attacks (unless you're Dom of course).

#2: Yes, you can do special actions between the bulletpoints on an Order card, just can't interrupt a bulletpoint (so move 3, have to move all you want to move to complete that BP, then special action).