About Bounty Hunter Career Card.

By icevvind, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Hi there, i've recently created a Bounty Hunter and i got a doubt about its career special ability.

The career ability card says:

Once per session, you may name
one adversary as your quarry. Add [fortune dice] to all Observation,
Intuition, Melee Attack and Ranged Attack
checks targeting your quarry for the remainder of the
encounter.

But in the player's guide, its like this:

Once per session, you may name
one adversary as your quarry. Add [expertise dice] to all Observation,
Intuition, Melee Attack and Ranged Attack...

I've been looking the errata but theres no reference about it. Does Anyone knows for sure if the ability uses Fortune dice or Expertise dice?

Thank you very much.

I think it is way too powerful an ability if you allow an expertise on all checks. As an example, mercenary, another basic career allows you to add an expertise dice to ONE roll.

With the fortune dice, our bounty hunter seems to be coming along quite comfortably.

Just another reason to get the payer's guide ;)

jh

It depends how you use it.

If the bounty hunter just names a new adversary every session, and names them in the middle of encounters, then yes it's to powerful.

But my player named one adversary through 5 sessions, and got 2 rolls concerning him, and for that I don't think it's to powerful.

Thank you all for your answers.

It was altered to be an expertise die. The ability is very limited, since it only applies to a checks involving a single individual. Even if they 'name' a different individual each session it isn't too powerful.

... Seriously? The Mercenary gains one Expertise dice (against one target) per session. The Bounty Hunter gains a dice as long as the big enemy that session is alive?

Not every career's ability is balanced against every other one. Some will be better than others.

Also note that the bounty hunter is limited to using the die for specific skill checks.

The bounty hunter gets his for the remainder of the encounter and on 2 skills and on melee and ranged attacks (melee and ranged don't all ways use weaponskill and balistic skill)

the mercenary only gets his on a single weaponskill check once per session

so the mercenary ability is way more restrictive

in fact the other careers that grant a experptise dice only get it on one roll but do get a choice of 2 skills(except the agent who can pick any skill at a cost)

So it seems that the expertise dice in the player's guide isn't an update but some kinda errata FFG hasn't noticed.

What you say guys about the expertise being imbalanced sounds reasonable.

Thank a lot for your answers.

Obviously it isn't an "official" answer but by all accounts it seems to me that the Fortune Dice would be more appropriate. Adding an Expertise Die for an entire encounter would be quite powerful. Perhaps not game-breaking or anything like that but still a bit over-the-top.