Who Purchased & Who is Playing?

By CanadianPittbull, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

I don't know if I understood you well... are you talking about how many PCs are lurking in our community websites, or how many real humans are Anima players ?? We probably can ask on the forum for the first, but the second, I think I really didn't understand what you mean...

But if it can help you, I Master 2 regular groups and one from time to time, both the regulars each contain 4 PCs, and the third, 5.

I've been waiting for the North American release since I first picked up Shadow of Omega. I am very interested in the background material, especially the several "secret" societies. I have been playing Iron Crown Enterprises Rolemaster for some 25 years and am currently running a rather dark campaign. What I've read in the core book so far fits right in. I've already rewritten my own campaign's creationism story.

I have not yet rolled up an Anima character yet, hopefully I will over this long holiday weekend. So I cannot compare it to Rolemaster. It appears to have similar flexibility.

The Amber Turtle Campaign

• Under the Darkening Moon
  • In the Light of a Pale Sun
  • Filling the Empty Sky

Moklo said:

But if it can help you, I Master 2 regular groups and one from time to time, both the regulars each contain 4 PCs, and the third, 5.

Yup, that's what I was asking for. gran_risa.gif Thanks for the info.

I do not understand what could help you in such an info, but... well, you're welcome.

I have my first "group" with 2 PC and my other game with... 1 PC gui%C3%B1o.gif My players and I don't really have the same schedules, so... and I'm found of playing solo. But you can run a game with a lot of PC, there's no problem about the size of your game tables in Anima. (try to avoid more than 8 PC anyway ^^)

PS : I'm sorry, but I think these understanding problem should happen here. I'm not really used to "american way of speaking" (more to Irish or British ways), so, sometimes I misunderstand... (and my english is not fluent anyway) And maybe I'll have problem to express myself, so, please, if I say something that seems nasty, don't get angry before being sure it was what I meant ^^

I had to try and convey military orders and etiquette to Swedish, Italian, Belgian and Dutch troops when I was overseas a few years ago. I can't get upset about a little misunderstanding about my language. The great thing about a game like this is that we can all come together and talk about it and pass experiences but none of them should be that critical. It is only a game afterall. gran_risa.gif

I ran a Seventh Sea solo adventure for a few months on IRC and it worked out pretty well. I had a Dice Bot that did all of the rolling for us and was pretty darn efficient. We'll see what kind of time I have to try and put something together ... after I get the book. I can't imagine trying to get a sit-down party put together because I couldn't commit to the time. I have two other games (Rolemaster and Seventh Sea) that I can barely participate in right now. Online might have to be the way to go if I want to give it a run.

A-S

ArmySyko said:

My question was more about the gaming groups that are already formed and how big they are? The European groups have been going for a while and I know we have some members in that community floating about. How many PC's are in your groups?

I recently introduced a few of my friends to the RPG and the card game. We've run a single session with myself GM'ing and 2 players. I've bought the book for my brother's birthday, hoping to get him and some of his friends into it as well. We'll see how that goes.

I picked it upwhen it first came out and have played a couple sessions with three other players and so far we have been having a pretty good time with it. The most difficult part came in our first attempts to build characters, which was pretty complicated given that we where also still learning the rules at that point. However since then its gone fairly well, as a GM im particularly happy with the build your own creature rules in the back (which I have been using extensively)

Please contribute to the community by posting your creatures here ^^ Pictures and good background are welcome ! Thaaaaanks !

Hey Everyone,

I bought my copy yesterday and poured through it for about three or four hours last night. I have some homework and a paper to write but after that, I'll be working on a PC. Seems pretty straight forward so we'll have some fun with it and see what I can make. I'm thinking a freelancer with a throwing chakram at his side. I've got some time to mull it over while I write.

Can't wait to be a greater part of the discussions since I have a book in front of me. gran_risa.gif Yippee!

I bought the book at Gen-Con and was deeply impressed with the style and the scope of it all. I'm not sure if I can get anyone in my gaming group to play it though becuase of the depth of character creation. Does anyone actually have a game currently running because I really do want to know the logistics of getting the characters working and creating challenging NPC's.

I don't really understand what you're asking for about running games...

But chargen is not so hard, try it a few times and you'll see it's very easy. Your players will need explanations the first time to understand what are the different things, but after, they just need to spend points.

I just got it from Santiago, and its somewhat intimidating to be honost.

But I have only just started reading through it myself. But what I love so far is the GM chapter, really gives you the feel of the setting and the overall feel. Loving it so far.

Ysalaine said:

Il demande si quelqu'un a une partie en cours, pour savoir comment çà tourne (comment motiver les joueurs, créer des rencontres passionantes, et tout et tout..)

Explanation done angel.gif

I've purchased Anima, although since I've had the book for less than 24hrs I have yet to attemp playing it though I'm trying to read it all as soon as I can gui%C3%B1o.gif

Exarkfr said:

Ysalaine said:

Il demande si quelqu'un a une partie en cours, pour savoir comment çà tourne (comment motiver les joueurs, créer des rencontres passionantes, et tout et tout..)

Explanation done angel.gif

Merci ^^ That's what I thought but I didn't really figured out the kind of answers this question needed ^^

I got the game just after Christmas and I am now getting to the end of the book (had to read through Vampire and Dark Heresy first). All in all I am very pleased with the game although an index would have helped especially with regards to character generation. I like that although it has a game world it seems very easy to introduce your own elements. The Ki Dominion rules and the magic are what I like the best. I have only made a trial character so far ( a 3rd level Technician) and that went relatively smooth. I am a little disappointed with the psionics chapter which I felt was rather bland compared with the magic chapter. The mechanics seems solid enough and I like that I can introduce Anima / Wuxia elements into the game (fancy moves and magic etc) without disturbing the rythm of the game. The tools to design your own critters and abilities are great as I then can build my own world and introduce species from other sources - Anima or not.

I used to GM Exalted for several years and although I still love that game and setting I feel this game is even better!

I plan to start working on a campaign with elements from Steven Erikson, R Jordan and other authors as well as from some good movies. I have to get the plans down on paper as at the moment they are all spinning in my head. I have to find a group as well... If I can't persuade my wife to join in... Easier said than done gui%C3%B1o.gif

Cheers,

Nitril

Hello,

I'm new in this forum...

well im mastering this game for some years since it was released in spanin. It's very intimidating at first but at the end is very simple ;) ) . I think It resembles a lot to rolemaster ( uhhh so many years.....)and for me was far more simple than D&D 3.5 at the first sessions :) ) ( maybe because d&d was in english ...' ^^ uhhh who knows...)

Well, I just purchased the book yesterday, and having read through it, I will probably be running it on-and-off with my Saturday group, 3-5 players.

The only delay to me starting will be the time it takes me to completely rewrite the physical combat section from the ground up, starting with the damage= loss of turn schema, and finishing up on the percentile-of-base damage tables. Shouldn't take too long, and I will make sure to post the homebrew combat modification in a thread when i finish it.

My first interested player so far has decided that a mute, animalistic Warrior Mentalist with a few Ki abilities would be a good idea, and I like the concept- If anything further takes off, I will post.

-Ariamaki.