Feedback to the german national championships

By Force9, in Warhammer Invasion Organized Play

First of all i like to introduce myself a little bit. My name is Thomas, coming from germany (hoho how unexpected) and i am 28 years old. Playing TCGs since the age of 14 starting with Doomtrooper, then Magic, then WoW TCG, The Spoils, Behind and now finally found the best cardgame (in my humble opinion).

But lets talk about business-

The german nationals were a great tournament with very good and mannered players. The total amount of 18 players from 20 qualified people arrived sunday morning at 11am at the Games Fair Essen. The factions breakdown are

• Empire
  • Chaos
  • Dwarfs
  • Darkelves

i cant determine the total number of decks sorted by factions but the empire decks are overall Verena based, 2 Kairos and 1 Chaosrushdeck with the new card Call the Breyheard, Dwarf King Kazador / Tunnelfighters / Stand your Ground Deck, Darkelves Control as far is i can imagine.

But here are the feedback:

Good

• The 2 Hosts of the tournament and the Judge
  • The pricesupport for the participation
  • At least all qualified players have arrived, thats really good to show the strenght of the community

Needs to be improved

• More promotion for the Championships. No Banner, no Poster nothing that would show the visitors that we play a tournament for the "Iron" Throne
  • FFG should at least fill the whole tables with playmats, spend more promotionmaterial like a giant banner or something
  • A better protection from visitors. There was at least NO protection for us the players and the background noise was very high... -.- people sit down near you and talking loudly that was very bad!

Negative - The Tournemant Rules (in germany)

• The good and understandable wording of the original english cards was not allowed. In a very high challenging tournament u cant play with the very bad translated cards.
  • The timelimit from 50 minutes is way to short. Nobody from us plays slow but u need at least sometimes 3-4 minutes to check your next actions especially with control against rush.
  • The Overtimerule is total ****, sorry i cant say it friendly. U cant cut a game instantly when u are about to win? 2 or 3 matches are "lost" because of this ruling. Where could be at least 3-5 overtime turns and then u can check the total dmg on the zones and determine a winner.

Hi Force9!

Thanks for interesting update. And I have a couple of questions, do you by any chance know if there were Orcs and HEs decks also? Or are the factions you've listed the only ones that were used? And also, do you happen to know the deck list that dwarf deck used? (or for example, is it easy to find on deckbox.org?)