New

By kingdomhearts12, in Gummi Garage

Well i'm hopefully getting my starter deck next week and i wanna ask like what cards would, like help me out.Also what kinda deck styles are there you know like speed and etc.any help would be appreceiated.

Agro is a good deck. Based on agression, mainly taking your opponent to 0 HP. It plays Riku as the character to take advantage of the card "Soul Eater". Soul Eater makes them take 2 HP damage after the challenge as opposed to the normal 1. It plays heay heartless so world rush decks have a major problem playing more worlds, therefore stopping them from gaining a life every turn. Mainly, the point of the deck is to draw, play heartless, challenge with tons of powerful friends, make them take damage. This deck can rely on barrel spider which is a heartless that deals your opponent one damage if they defeat it without using a magic card. Playing a Phil card helps this combo a lot. Phil stops players from using magic cards, therefore they have to kill it without magic so they take damage. Some play Wyvern, which is a heartless with 14 POW, and at the discard phase, if it remains on their world, they take one damage.

World rush is a simple deck. Play cards that can help you kill heartless so you can play a world every turn. These decks take advantage due to the fact most of them run tinker bell. When you play tinker bell, you gain 2 HP. Stalling agro decks so it takes much longer to be reduced to 0 HP. Plus when you play a world card, you gain 1 HP, so life gain is obviously abundant. It plays cards like, oblivion, a +10 attack card, and ultima weapon, a +13 attack card that lets you draw 2 cards when it is used to kill dark cards. Since the main point of this deck IS to kill dark cards, its a staple. A staple is a card that is used in every deck of this kind. It plays just enouh heartless to stall a fellow world rush deck. Maybe a few dragon malificents, some behemoths, and some parasite cages.

Then of course, their is a balance deck. A deck that can be used to pursue either win condition, by worlds or by attacking. This deck is usually a bigger card pool made from cards of both other rypes of decks, its kind of 2 decks in 1.

As for cards you need...

King triton = set 2 Super rare only

A level 2 that can be played as a level one. a level 1 with +6/2 so you can play level 3's on your first turn

Oblivion = set 2 Uncommon

A +10 attack attack card. Only need one since you can only play one in your dec

Ultima Weapon = set 3 super rare only

+13 attack card, when used to kill dark cards, you draw 2 cards

Destiny Islands = set 2 rare

a level 1 world that lets you look through your deck for any level 0 friend and put it in your hand. Three of these are recommended

Disney Catle = set 2 rare

A level one world, no dark cards can be played on it and you draw one card when you play it.

Parasite Cage = set 2 rare

A level 7 heartless that takes one friend on your opponents feild and removes it from the gam until it is defeated

Behemoth = set 2 rare

A level 5 heartless that forces all of your opponents friends and magic/friends to be used when they attempt to battle it

The King = set 3 super rare only

A level 0 friend that when you play it lets you look through your deck for any one card and put it in your hand.

Phil = set 3 uncommon

a level 1 +6/0 friend that makes all magic cards unplayable by both characters

Tidus = set 2 uncommon

a level 0 friend that can be discarded to destroy any level 0 card on the feild

Bambi level 3 = set 1 uncommon

a level three magic friend that lets you draw 2 cards when it is played

Tinker bell = set 1/2/3

a card that gains you 1 or 2 life when played. level 0 tink gains you 1 health, all others gain you 2

oathkeeper = set 1 rare

a +5 attack card that gains you 1 hp when used to kill a heartless

Soul eater = set 2 rare

a +2 attack card that when used to defeat an opponent in the challenge phase, makes them lose 2 HP

Cloud = set 3 super rare only

a +9/4 level 4 character that doesnt get discarded if used to kill heartless. It pumps, kills heartless and repeats.

Sephiroth = set 3 super rare only

a +9/4 level 4 character that doesnt get discarded when used to battle a player. It pumps, wins challenges, and repeats.

Cid = Promo only (ebay is your best bet for this card)

a level 1 friend that lets you discard any number of cards in your hand and draw the same number of new ones

Jack skellington = set 2 lvl1 is common, level 2 is uncommon, level 3 is rare

he lowers dark card levels in your hand and on the feild, opening up many possibiltes. You can play dark cards of high levels quicker and can effect higher levels with beast and hercules.

Dont get me wrong, these cards help a lot, but arent needed to play. These cards are generally really hard to get your hands on, but are well worth to have. These cards are good, but their are a TON of good cards in this game. Not only the really rare cards are good. keep that in mind, their are a wide variety of combos, and hundreds of ways to build a deck, so dont think you NEED these cards at all. This was just a list of cards that are generally played a lot. Regardless, dont let this list stop you from playing. The whole point of the game is to have fun!

:)

Hope this helped a little

Thanks that really helped me a lot.

Whoa, dude, thanks for the info.

did you learn that by heart?

I assume you are talking of my answer to this?

Yes, I am an ex-tournament player for this game. I play every now and then. but not so much a player anymore.

I'm more or less a collector as of now. With set 4 coming up, maybe that will change! gran_risa.gif