Question about Swarms and HS movement

By The_Audiophile, in Death Angel

I just picked the game up, and I have a question about GS swarms. When do new swarms form? When the GS spawn at a location, those that just spawned, are they considered a new swarm? Also, when an event card is drawn, do GS spawn and after they spawn they are moved?

The_Audiophile said:

I just picked the game up, and I have a question about GS swarms. When do new swarms form? When the GS spawn at a location, those that just spawned, are they considered a new swarm? Also, when an event card is drawn, do GS spawn and after they spawn they are moved?

Well, a swam of GS is simply one or more GS card. The swarm is formed when spawned whether it's just one card, three cards, or more.

Depending on the location where they spawn they will be a new swarm if no other GS occupy that space or just join an existing swarm if there are GS there already.

They do move on the same turn they are spawned, so if you draw a GS and add it to an exiting swarm, and their movement icon matches the event card instructions, the entire swarm will move with it, even if the movement icons on the other GS dont match.

Thank you very much