Playing Event cards at the Start of Turn

By stratag, in Fury Of Dracula

Hello,

If a Hunter has two cards in his possession which state that they must both be played at the start of the turn (such as Stormy Seas), is he allowed to play both? In other words, how strict is the definition of the time of "the start of the turn?" There are two possibilities:

1) One could suppose that after a first card is played, it's no longer the literal start of turn and no other cards may be played that have the "start of turn" requirement

2) More than one such Event card may be played so long as it's before the Movement Phase takes place.

Thanks and we love playing Fury!

and on a related note, would it be possible for Dracula to play two Event cards on his turn? i believe this would be possible, so long as they're played according to the restrictions described in the card text (during combat or at the start of turn).

stratag said:

Hello,

If a Hunter has two cards in his possession which state that they must both be played at the start of the turn (such as Stormy Seas), is he allowed to play both? In other words, how strict is the definition of the time of "the start of the turn?" There are two possibilities:

1) One could suppose that after a first card is played, it's no longer the literal start of turn and no other cards may be played that have the "start of turn" requirement

2) More than one such Event card may be played so long as it's before the Movement Phase takes place.

Thanks and we love playing Fury!

Hi Stratag,

I've always interpreted the "at the start of your turn" clause as "before moving", so, yeah, no probs, in playing more than one "start of the turn" card / turn.

Besides, the game was designed by Kevin Wilson. Kevin designed also the Doom boardgame, and some of the Invader cards in Doom has the very same wording. This wording (for Doom) was clarified by Kevin himself in a similar way (play as many as you want but before doing the xyz thing) so I suppose, being the author the same, that this explanation could be ok even for Dracula

stratag said:

and on a related note, would it be possible for Dracula to play two Event cards on his turn? i believe this would be possible, so long as they're played according to the restrictions described in the card text (during combat or at the start of turn).

Yeah, your assumptions seem correct to me. No probs in him playing two or more Event cards, according the conditions specified on the cards are met