So whats this game like ?

By Dicenilee, in Deadwood

Have been close to getting this or Red November, I know both are very different games and looking at BBG both are rated quite simler.

But what do you think of Deadwood, is it as fast as they say ? I mean £28 for a game that lasts 30 mins to me is abit ummmmm dont think so.

I think the game is really fun. Games can last up to an hour, depending on how in-depth players' tactics are (there are ways to turtle). It's a pretty simple game - in regards to rules and turns and such. But there can be some pretty intricate tactics to win.

Basic summary - you try to exploit/take advantage/manipulate the buildings in town to your advantage to get rich and not getting too much of a bounty on you! I'd give a more detailed explanation of the rules, but not sure if that's allowed(?).

I, personally, LOVE it. However, I don't plan on constantly playing it over and over, then I'd get tired of it - but that's how I am w/ any board game really. I can see myself playing a couple of matches w/ friends maybe once every couple of weeks or so (we already get together once or twice a month for Risk and this will be a nice change of pace) and never getting tired of it. ...I hope! gran_risa.gif