Mulcher weapon card

By Graf, in Gears of War: The Board Game

The mulcher weapon cards slows down your COG: He cannot move more than two areas in his turn as long as he is equipped with this weapon.

But how does the mulcher weapon card interact with the "follow" reaction ability? If you read it as written, there would be no restriction because it isn't your turn in which the movement takes place.

However, this feels somehow wrong. What do you think?

I've been using it as written, only 2 areas on own turn, but can follow for up to 6 (Dom + Roadie Run). I think you could look at it that on your turn you're setting up the supports and what not, but when your turn closes, you've grabbed and gotten it into transport-easy mode and thus are able to move more. And you guard from the hip cool.gif (one mustn't ask why he can shoot from the hip on his own turn).

It's been a while since I played the video games, but can't you just switch weapons, throwing the mulcher over your back and then you lose the movement penalty? Maybe that's what people do when following other COGs - they de-equip the mulcher temporarily to follow, then re-equip it later. For simplicity, the game does not force you to actually change anything in this case.

He he, now, wouldn't that be nice !

Nope, unfortunately, if you swap weapons while holding the mulcher in the videogame, you instantly put it down .

Thank you for your response!

Well, you could say that the COG you are following helps you carrying the mulcher. However, this seems just to be a bad excuse for a special case the developers haven't been thinking much about.

We will simply allow the full movement for the follow-ability and don't think too much about it.