Anyone try this with 6 people (not the Kingsmoot variation)?

By Hand of Osiris, in A Game of Thrones LCG

What was the result? Too long? Fun breaks down? Seems that the game should support 6 players, one of each house.

Hand of Osiris said:

What was the result? Too long? Fun breaks down? Seems that the game should support 6 players, one of each house.

I haven't played with six people yet, only five. I thought five is already a bit much, mostly because of the logistics of trying to see what some player on the other end of the table has on the board. And for me personally, it's a bit much to try and keep track of. Everything does take that much longer -- but if you're having fun with good friends, talking, joking, dealing during the game, it doesn't have to be a bad game experience. It's not like I wasn't having fun. I couldn't imagine trying to play it in a seriously competitive manner with six people, but it can be fun casually. But be prepared for chaos. I just prefer the more coherent game experience of 4 players or less.

The way I was introduced to the game was through six player games. My buddies and I were fans of the board game, and picked up the Core Set to see what it would be like. A friend already into the game provided two more decks from his Core Set (I think we had an extra Stark and Lannister)

To be honest, playing with six players was a lot of fun and kind of crazy. We didn't find all the Responses and such unrealistic, but to be honest, we didn't know the rules that well. The game was very Nedly in a lot of ways, with Lannister being a jerk, Stark trying to be noble and getting smacked for it, etc.

I'd love to get together with five other players and play "balanced" House decks and see how it went. Honestly, I think it would be a hoot.

I haven't played with 6 either, but I imagine it can be very chaotic an great fun, especially if all the six houses are represented. You shouldn't take things too seriously, though. And players should be familiar with the game, probably.

From my experience, 6 players games take WAY too long. If you go first or 2nd, you pretty much cant attack with fear of being destroyed by 5 other players.

Games last 2-4 hours when you play with this many people. Not a fan.