Next preview?

By gran_orco, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

When do you think that next preview will be released? We have no news for a long time.

they still changing heart symbol with a broken heart symbol

gran_orco said:

When do you think that next preview will be released? We have no news for a long time.

The initial announcement was probably made just because of GenCon (I think it was around that time.) Further posts will probably start popping up closer tot he actual release date, after Christmas some time (or possibly just before, if it's going to be coming out in January.)

I just checked the release info schedules for A Game of Thrones 2nd edition.

22nd of July: Initial annoucement
13th of October: Rules published online
23rd of November: Game hits the stores

So the rules were posted three months after the initial announcement and the game hit the stores four months after it was first announced.

With the Descent 2nd edition the schedule has been as follows:

7th of August: Announcement

Nothing...

More nothing...

Of course the game was initially announced because of GenCon, but still the preview times should soon be close ahead. Now we've had 3,5 months after the announcement and not even a sneak peek has leaked out. According to the status the game is "At the printer" so it is highly likely that the rules are already set in stone.

Now I don't really mind if they spend an extra month or two playtesting and making sure that Descent 2nd edition will be a true gem. Still I'm waiting (very impatiently) and it would be awesome to get some previews or anything that would give us some more info to discuss while waiting.

ArturiStellare said:

they still changing heart symbol with a broken heart symbol

Geez lol... get over the heart symbol already!

I love the symbol actually - it's why I play the game... in fact I will quit and never play any FFG games again if they do change it!

There - just to off set your comments. :)