Over-Sized Custom Location Cards

By Sturn, in WFRP House Rules

This is great and perfect timing! Just got done with my Weapons, Armors, and Consumables cards. :) More for me to work on this weekend. Thanks again.

PS: I'm one of those with the problem that the bottom buttons (the shortcuts for dice codes) is cut off on most things in SE. Any quick fix for this? Perhaps displaying in a different resolution? Could I go into the code and adjust the settings somehow? I had to manually type them all in (not that big of a deal really) after experimenting and figuring out the text codes since I can't even see them.

actually, i have some issues with vertical scrollbars and neither me nor chris jennings (creator of strange eons) manage to make them work.

solutions atm :
- increase screen resolution
- or i should change the layout of the editor, so it takes less space. Check the monster cards, please tell me if you can see all the editor

ty !

Hurlanc said:

Check the monster cards, please tell me if you can see all the editor

Can't see Monster 4 or Action 6.

It isn't a big deal for me since I may never make monster cards. I'm using only Item and Location so far and the only thing cut off is the shortcuts for dice. I have the text entries figured out so I'm ok. If I had to make monster cards I guess I could change my screen resolution (what is the default for SE?).

On the new XL Location cards - Started creating some and have 2 issues. I can upload a new image, but it doesn't show on the screen. It seems to be there (when I go to Edit mode it finds my new graphic), just isn't displaying. Also, the text bar at the bottom could be larger. I seem to run out of text space really quick especially if I want to add some descriptive text AND special effects. A descriptive box option below the title might give more room?

...and thanks again!

Monster cards/items cards : should be fine now. tell me.

Location XL :
- missing portrait = fixed! (silly mistake)
- description box = somewhat fixed. text will now shrink if too long
- i separated the dice stat from the trait, so i can manage them separately in the future.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41092887/Strange%20Eons/w3e.seext

Hurlanc said:

Monster cards/items cards : should be fine now. tell me.

I can see everything on the Monster and Item cards now thanks!

Hurlanc said:

Location XL :
- missing portrait = fixed! (silly mistake)
- description box = somewhat fixed. text will now shrink if too long
- i separated the dice stat from the trait, so i can manage them separately in the future.

This looks good thanks!

.....if you are still tweaking this.

The text bar at the bottom seems to be exactly the size of the bar graphic which is beveled along the edges. This makes the white text line up with the bevel, looking strange. This only happens IF you use the non-default of left-justification instead of center-justification (I know a very user-specific complaint). The text in that bar seems to do odd things for me sometimes such as double-space when indent at randomn times. Not sure what is happening. I've been trying to squeeze text descriptions in that box in italics (like the official cards) with non-italic below with game effects and either running out of room or getting odd problems like described above.

Im really liking these. Excellent idea.

I'd love to see the existing cards converted and expanded in teh format you are doing so we can compare apples to apples.

The large format cards soudn fantastic for placing players on them, i didnt realize until now how much i really want that, kudos =)

Gitzman

Sturn said:

.....if you are still tweaking this.

The text bar at the bottom seems to be exactly the size of the bar graphic which is beveled along the edges. This makes the white text line up with the bevel, looking strange. This only happens IF you use the non-default of left-justification instead of center-justification (I know a very user-specific complaint). The text in that bar seems to do odd things for me sometimes such as double-space when indent at randomn times. Not sure what is happening. I've been trying to squeeze text descriptions in that box in italics (like the official cards) with non-italic below with game effects and either running out of room or getting odd problems like described above.

okay, maybe i should extend this bar. Double size would fit ? Or I'll set a a parameter to custom its size.

Ok, I've installed SE and added the w3e.ext.

How do I look at the different oversized location cards that have been created?

cd8dman said:

Ok, I've installed SE and added the w3e.ext.

How do I look at the different oversized location cards that have been created?

I'm not sure if their have been any uploaded to look at yet. This is a brand new extension. Also, posting oversized versions of official cards would be a big no-no from FFG's point of view. When I get a package of XL non-official cards completed I will try to post them someplace.

Sturn said:

I'm not sure if their have been any uploaded to look at yet. This is a brand new extension. Also, posting oversized versions of official cards would big a big no-no from FFG's point of view. When I get a package of XL non-official cards completed I will try to post them someplace.

OH, gotcha. Well, I'm ready for those unofficial ones then.

Sturn said:

This is great and perfect timing! Just got done with my Weapons, Armors, and Consumables cards. :) More for me to work on this weekend. Thanks again.

PS: I'm one of those with the problem that the bottom buttons (the shortcuts for dice codes) is cut off on most things in SE. Any quick fix for this? Perhaps displaying in a different resolution? Could I go into the code and adjust the settings somehow? I had to manually type them all in (not that big of a deal really) after experimenting and figuring out the text codes since I can't even see them.

I'm curious to know how your weapons, armors, and consumables cards work and look.

GoblynKing said:

I'm curious to know how your weapons, armors, and consumables cards work and look.

I have incorporated some house rules (easy to do while making cards). The marker on the right side is for Durability.

Hammer_front.png Hammer_back.png

Robes_back.png Robes_front.png

Sturn said:

GoblynKing said:

I have incorporated some house rules (easy to do while making cards). The marker on the right side is for Durability.

Hammer_front.png Hammer_back.png

Robes_back.png Robes_front.png

Very nice, and similar to some home-brewed weapon/armor cards that one of my players cooked up, but I like your rules better.

I assume by "consumables" you mean rations and foodstuffs? I've considered incorporating tokens of some sort to help the players track food and water, or transported goods. So far the campaign hasn't made it necessary, since they're always a days ride from some settlement or coaching inn, or in a forest with plenty of meat to hunt and food to forage.....man, the Reikland is too safe and crowded, need to get'em stuck in the tundra of Kislev or the Wastelands. I digress.

UPDATE !

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41092887/Strange%20Eons/w3e.seext

- you can now set the description box height (between 10 and 100). Thet textbox will scale likewise.
- i set a margin on the sides so you should not experience some text on the bevel. Please tell me if it solves your problem.

GoblynKing said:

I assume by "consumables" you mean rations and foodstuffs?...<my snip>....

Yes, I should have thrown an example in. I have healing draughts, trail rations, arrows, bolts, sling stones (poor), and sling bullets (average), and three sorts of lighting - poor (candles), torches (average), and a hooded lantern (superior). I used the durability tracker of SE to mark off the items as they are used up. A.i. each Arrow card has 12 spots on the durability tracker for a dozen arrows.

Bring back a dead thread, but as I am going to start playing wfrp3 again, and potentially in-person, I was curious whether this project ended up creating over-sized location cards that can be downloaded? I like the concept of the location cards, but they are too small to read.

Sturn, I checked your website but it seems you don't have the wfrp stuff on anymore.

Best,

Ceodryn

You're back!

You're playing WFRP!

Woooooooo!

Bring back a dead thread, but as I am going to start playing wfrp3 again, and potentially in-person, I was curious whether this project ended up creating over-sized location cards that can be downloaded? I like the concept of the location cards, but they are too small to read.

Sturn, I checked your website but it seems you don't have the wfrp stuff on anymore.

Best,

Ceodryn

Just happened to pop in here. I moved to a freebie site and I didn't move the WHFRP stuff (cards) over since I hadn't been here in a while. I will put it on my to do list.

Best,

Ceodryn

Just happened to pop in here. I moved to a freebie site and I didn't move the WHFRP stuff (cards) over since I hadn't been here in a while. I will put it on my to do list.

Added a Warhammer tab to Sturn's Stuff (link in signature). Currently it has links to my item cards (armor, consumables, weapons). I will add the location cards perhaps by tomorrow (going to condense them into one PDF first).

Direct link here: https://sites.google.com/site/sturnsstuff/warhammer

EDIT - Large location cards are now at the link above.

Edited by Sturn

Turn, already told you so in private, but thank you very much for your resources. There are great play aids.

Turn, already told you so in private, but thank you very much for your resources. There are great play aids.

Hanks! Glad my old work could be of help.

I found a couple of my house rules documents and added them to the same page where the cards are located. They will explain the reasoning behind the expanded list of weapons (making an axe, sword, and mace distinct weapons, for example) and the durability trackers on the cards.