Florida Panhandle - Pensacola/Ft Walton Beach

By BenStark, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

So...new player here. Anyone from the northern part of the Sunshine state? We've got around 3 new players besides myself who meet at Bobe's Hobby House and TBS in Pensacola.

Anyone else on here from our area?

This feels like a late response, but anywho - my family lives in Pensacola, FL, though I currently live in New Orleans. I will be in town over the Thanksgiving holiday in a few weeks. I'd love to play with your group sometime then. I also may be able to bring my brother-in-law, who loves the game (but plays with my cards).

Hope you catch this, and if you want you can private message me so that we can discuss.

Saintsman,

Reply sent!

Thanks for the messages. It’s easier for me to respond on this forum thread than through private messages or on the facebook. (Hopefully you'll continue to follow this thread...).

Was thinking we could get together on Friday -- since the missus will be shopping till she drops that day. Potentially 11:00 a.m.-ish?

Alternatively, Saturday is a possibility. I saw that you mentioned TBS Comics or Bobe’s Hobby House as places where your group meets, is that still the case? Which would you prefer to meet up at?

Just trying to get the ball rolling. Even if it’s a small group, it’ll be good to play some pick-up games and maybe help you get some build interest for the game in Pensacola.

This medium works just fine.

Friday shouldn't be a problem. Bobe's Hobby House will probably be preferable to TBS since TBS will be hosting several big tourneys for Warmahordes and MtG. I'll double check with everyone, but Friday at 11 am should be fine.

Sounds great!

It looks like this weekend is deck building weekend. Yay! Ya'll have any restrictions on deck building for your play group I should be aware of? I admit I don't have everything (couple deluxe boxes, King's Landing chapters (original), Defenders (original), BwB, and possibly will get the first two packs of the new Chapter set). Even still, I don't want to put any cards in that ya'll ban or hate - beyond FFG's restricted/banned list.

Technically, there isn't a "y'all" so to speak. We're all aware of the presence of others but have yet to come together in a group of more than two to play. I and another friend of mine play (occasionally so does my wife, but I'm not sure if she'll be joining us). There are some other players at Bobe's who I've met but have yet to play against.

As it is, play whatever you want. I play Stark and Baratheon, my friend plays Night's Watch and Lanni Kingsguard. The other guys have purchased most of the cards and build their decks however they want. So, you're fine. Bring whatever you want and plan to have fun!

We're thinking about creating a Gulfcoast league called "Southern Knights". Are there any other players over there in Nawlins?

I likewise have only one core set. I never have figured out a great way of suggesting to my wife that getting two more sets would be a great idea. . .

Does make it difficult to make the decks I want to make – though there isn’t much need here in NOLA. I haven’t been able to find a group here that plays. Unfortunately, I work a lot and have never made time to start a group. I’ll be moving in December/January to Mandeville, which is on the north shore of NOLA. I hope I’ll have more time to build a meta over there after my move. I definitely would be interested in coming over every few months to play with ya’ll and help build interest in Pensacola.

Ofcourse! And like I said, I would love to build a Gulf Coast league covering Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.

And as far as the wife goes, does she enjoy playing? What I did was convinced mine that the deluxe expansions were preferable because they allowed you to build two decks, whereas the chapter packs aren't very useful to beginners. We've already purchased the Stark and Baratheon expansions, bought Martell this morning, and have funds set aside for her to get Lannister and Targaryen. She has seen how good my Stark and Baratheon decks are now and wants the same for the houses she likes.

Worked for me but YMMV.

The missus placates me every now and then with playing, but she does not enjoy the game. I personally can't wait for the Lannister box. I piloted a Lanni deck to two regional championships several years ago. Ah, the memories -- that deck was uber broken. Once you have the deluxe boxes, I usually wait until the end of a cycle to buy. Then I just the whole set of chapter boxes for each cycle in one swoop twice a year and I'm usually set. Though I've been slacking lately. The newest cycle looks awesome -- I really like the melee/joust mechanic.

Cool. I'm looking forward to playing against you.

Rebuilt decks -- still looking forward to this Friday. I may want to borrow a few cards from your core set for a few games. I'll let you borrow any of mine that I don't need during a game. Specifically looking for Baratheon (Army of the Faithful, Old Red Priest); Lannister (Lannisport Steward, Lannisport Goldsmith, Golden Tooth Mines, Insidious Ways, Distraction, You Got the Wrong Dwarf). What can I say, I like Lannister and can't wait for the Lannister box in December.

Also, I'm thinking of building a Civil War deck from my Stark collection (or just a deck, can't decide). Here's a link to the rules text:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agotlcg/support/AGOT-civil-war-variant-rules.pdf (I'm not good at the link function on this board).

The few times I've played it it's been a blast. That's all I have -- see you Friday.

That's funny. I was reading the Civil War insert from the Martell expansion just yesterday.

As for the cards, I would love to, but those are in my wife's decks and it looks like she'll probably be playing after all. We'll see.

Great minds think alike?

Sorry I missed you. My wife had a "quick" errand that turned into a two hour ordeal.

Don't feel bad -- I got retardly sick yesterday afternoon. Something I ate didn't agree with me, really didn't agree with me.

Hey there,

I just got into AGOT and am really interested in getting together and playing with others in Pensacola. I am still new but definitely up for learning more by getting my butt kicked! I have 2x Core Sets as well as the Martell and Targ sets. When do you head to Bobe's/TBS?

Blue_sky_noise,

Hi, I'm Ben and I'm sort of the un-official T.O. in P'cola. We have a small group, 4-6 players depending on the day. We tend to meet at Bobe's on Saturdays, but we do occasionally meet at TBS on Sundays. Many of our players don't have a dedicated House. We're always welcoming of a new player.

Send me an email at [email protected] and we can talk more about getting you introduced.

Thanks,

Ben