Custom Campaign: Nightfall

By mi-go hunter, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Hey everybody! This is my custom campagin that I created. I haven't playtested it yet, but I'm wondering what you guys think of it. It is based on a chapter in Gears of War 1 in which Marcus and Dom have to travel through a town at night, with Kryll on the prowl. Their ultimate goal is to reach the gas station and escape on a Junker.

MISSION SETUP

Special Rules: None

Enemies:

A) Wretch

B) Drone

C) Boomer

General AI: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

Level 1 Locations: 2A, 11A, 13A

Level 2: 15A, 9A, 4A

LEvel 3: 17A, 14A (this order is fixed.)

STAGE 1

Special Rules: When a Locust or COG ends his movement in an area with no shade, he must sustain a two dice attack ignoring cover (Kryll attack). this only applies when entering a new area.

Shade: An area with an emergence hole, entrance, or door.

Flip When: You explore Level 3

STAGE 2

Special Rules: Tile 14A is considered full shade. 17A's ability is "Gain 1 grenade token. Do not discard this card after use." At the map exit spawn:

1 player: 1 Boomer

2 players: 2 Boomers

3 players: 3 Boomers

4 players: 1 Wretch, 1 Drone, 3 Boomers

Locust in tile 14A NEVER move, with the exception of Wretches (they still attack though).

Flip When: There are no Locust in 14A when you activate area 14A's equipment.

YOU WIN

Feedback is appreaciated! :)

Oh! I forgot a couple of things.

1) Locust that spawn at 14A must do so. If necessary, take Locust already in play and place them there.

2) Kryll can be dodged.

3) Kryll only hurt you if you end your movement in a new area. Once you stay in the area you entered, you do not get hurt until you move again.

Perhaps the title may be misleading. I incorrectly called it a CAMPAIGN when it is actually a MISSION.

Seems thought out, might give it a chance at some point. Two comments basically:

• The Kryll seem a bit lacklustre at only 2 attack dice and only attacking once. I appreciate it might be for balance reasons, but (at least on paper) it seems like an annoyance, rather than the inevitable doom moving out of light was in the CG. Don't have any ideas how to improve this without breaking the mission though.
  • Very minor, but: might be English not being my primary language, but the way I read it the rules state Kryll don't attack in shade, while in CG they wouldn't attack in full light.

decPL said:

Seems thought out, might give it a chance at some point. Two comments basically:

• The Kryll seem a bit lacklustre at only 2 attack dice and only attacking once. I appreciate it might be for balance reasons, but (at least on paper) it seems like an annoyance, rather than the inevitable doom moving out of light was in the CG. Don't have any ideas how to improve this without breaking the mission though.
  • Very minor, but: might be English not being my primary language, but the way I read it the rules state Kryll don't attack in shade, while in CG they wouldn't attack in full light.

In regards to your first point, I do admit that the Kryll's attack is not very impressive, but I am afraid that they would rip Locust apart before they got to attack. Maybe I should make them kill the target when an omen is rolled (or in the COG's case bleeding out)? It makes going into the darkness a little risky.

For your second point, you are absolutely right. While Kryll don't prey on enemies that are indoors, it would make more sense for the areas with E holes, exits, and entrances to be LIT areas instead.

Hello everyone...I made some updates to the pdf sheet...download the new updated sheet from here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/3200866087/KRILL_2.pdf

I would apreciate feedback if anyone uses these. thanks ..have a nice day.

I tried to get file said error no file available where can i get that would like to get them and where do u go to actually make these tokens and or cards cause i have a lot of stuff i want to add to this game and i have a site where i would post for every one

Great great great idea to create custom missions ! I'll try it as soon as I can and feedback here ! (probably this weekend)

hello everyone....forigve me for taking long to re-upload the files to rapidshare....here is the KRILL file in pdf.

https://rapidshare.com/files/556754649/KRILL_2.pdf

let me know if this doesnt work .

All links are bad!