Huge Overlord Deck

By rgrove0172, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Im playing SoB with all the expansions. My OL deck is nearly 4" tall! Since running through the deck is actual play mechanic Im wondering if I havent overlooked some limiting factor or set up rule somewhere. In addition, treachery seems almost useless with all those cards in play...

Am I screwing something up here?

rgrove0172 said:

Im playing SoB with all the expansions. My OL deck is nearly 4" tall! Since running through the deck is actual play mechanic Im wondering if I havent overlooked some limiting factor or set up rule somewhere. In addition, treachery seems almost useless with all those cards in play...

Am I screwing something up here?

Yes, you are.

You don't add ALL the treachery cards to the deck at once. Any card with a hexagon in the bottom center stays out in general and needs to be purchased before getting added to the deck at the beginning of each dungeon. And when you add such cards, you must remove another card from the deck for it to replace.

Read the rules for treachery again, very carefully. =)

When playing with all expansions, the OL deck should have 48 cards.

My apologies, your are right of course and its quite obvious now that I just think about it. Uggh, embarrassed in front of MILLIONS of gamers....

I wouldnt worry about having gone with an assumption instead of the correct rules. Doubt there is anyone here that hasnt done that a few times. :)

North_Wolf said:

I wouldnt worry about having gone with an assumption instead of the correct rules. Doubt there is anyone here that hasnt done that a few times. :)

Indeed, we were all newbs once. And Descent in particular has a few twisty rules that tend to trip newbs up. No shame in it at all.