A Guide to Grunburg

By ragnar63, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

cool! i'll ge on it. thanks for the info! ~fry

Happy New Year everybody,

Apart from a couple of small bits, the writing of the town and its personalities etc is just about done.

What I am looking for now are adventure and scenario writers who will want to take what I have written and run with the ideas and plot hooks within. Hopefully the LF regulars will pick up much of the slack, but new blood is always great and needed.

Contact me here if you are interested.

All the best,

Ralph

I'm on board to help proof and I'll work on getting another scenario in there somewhere :)

jh

bladerunner_35 said:

GoblynKing said:

This is an excellent idea! If I had one request it would be TONS of maps. Maps of the city proper, maps of the surrounding forests and lands, maps of separate districts, floor plans of particular buildings, basic floor plans of standard buildings that could be used for impromptu encounters.

Also, random encounter tables! I feel these are underused in many modern table top rpgs, including WFRP 3. For a sandbox type setting, such as a city, random encounter tables can be a godsend for GM's that haven't prepared for where their players might go and what they might do.

If you want further input for either of the above suggestions, let me know.

Cheers!

Sorry GoblynKing but I will have to disagree strongly with you here.

Instead of taking the time to do lots and lots of maps and floorplans and random encounters you should play to the strengths of WFRP3. I am not trying to tell anyone how to play the game but I personally believe that it is an abstract game that do not really need a lot of maps and certainly not floorplans. Sure, one or two maps of the city and surrounding area would be welcome but I would much rather that Ragnar63 spent his time to make Grunburg come alive, much like Ubersreik has come alive with the information in the various supplements.

Use this and build upon it - write about the interests and relationships of various noble families, criminal organisations and guilds in Gruneburg, their motivations. Is there a conflict brewing between various interests. What are the ramifications of the von Saponatheims expanding influence in Gruneburg? How come the Jungfreuds won't touch the town? Which other noble families are strong in this region of the Reik and what are their goals and motivations?

Create some colorful NPCs that live and work in and around the city.

Create some inspiring points of interest in and around the city.

Do not go into to much detail. Leave some gaps. Use a large brush, add some detail here and there and leave the rest up to the imagination.

Random encounters can be made by taking a bunch of appropriate cards. Shuffle them. Draw a card. Instant random encounter. You could have one pile for urban encounters and one pile for rural. Mix location cards with unique and general NPC-cards and maybe even add some choice action cards.

I agree as well with Bladerunner!

If you want I could take a peek and comment about it.

Well the first draft is written.

It awaits critiquing. I will inform you of progress from here on.

Ralph

ragnar63 said:

Ralph

What do you mean, I've read it all :P

IanBear said:

ragnar63 said:

Ralph

What do you mean, I've read it all :P

Apart from you, Ian. Anyway I thought you hadn't finished the second draft of all the districts yet.

All the best,

Ralph

Hi all,

Grunburg has finished editing and has gone for formatting and illustration.

Hopefully, should be released early in the New Year, when we all need a pick me up after Christmas.

Will keep you posted.

All the best,

Ralph

Hi all,

Grunburg has finished editing and has gone for formatting and illustration.

Hopefully, should be released early in the New Year, when we all need a pick me up after Christmas.

Will keep you posted.

All the best,

Ralph

Awesome! Can't wait!

This is wonderful news!

Great!

Was this Grunburg project ever completed and if so where can I find it? I see no sign of it in Liber Fanatica. If anyone has it or can let me know where I can find it I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Noely

The project is still waiting for the final visual finishing touchs. Hopefully soon!

Send in the Bull Centaurs *wink*

What? you mean you arent a chaos dwarf.