Official WoW terrain mat

By Angiolillo, in Wings of War (WWI)

I meant

GamingMat.jpg

Sorry,

Andrea

Sorry again.

If all goes as planned, there will be two versions of the mat - East and West. Each will be 98 x 68 cm. The picture shows them one besides the other - each one will feature a different half of it.

A mat could be enough to play in 4-6 planes and even for recon/bombing missions. If you and a frioend both buy a mat and you choose a different version each, you can put them one besides the other and get a 98 x 136 cm surface with matching drawings (or a 196 x 68 cm one with non-matching drawings).

All the best,

Andrea

Very nice!

To think that I've been playing on a bare table (or at least on covered with a sheet so things don't slide do much) all this time.

I raelise that this is most likely a silly question at the moment, but when might we see this wonder?

Excellent, what will they be made from and looking ahead will there be a battlefield /trench one available at some point

richRic said:

Excellent, what will they be made from and looking ahead will there be a battlefield /trench one available at some point

Yeah, a trench one, possibly that can be puzzled together with more would be nice. The mat look very nice but a bit too green for my taste, I want one with mud, dirt and trenches :)

granted it looks bright and cheery, it does match the card backs. AND it's a great size. Can't wait!

I'm sold. How about a non-shiny, non-smooth surface which would cut down on glare and cut down on maneuvre cards sliding all over the place. Perhaps some type of rubberized finish?

SHVAK said:

I'm sold. How about a non-shiny, non-smooth surface which would cut down on glare and cut down on maneuvre cards sliding all over the place. Perhaps some type of rubberized finish?

Yes, please make it durable, and of a quality material. A folding game board would be even better, in my opinion.

I have found that playing on felt works the best, as the cards are easier to pick up. It would be nice if the mat were made of some similar material.