Fate of the game?

By TheGrumpyPeanut, in Battles of Napoleon

Hi all. Now that Nexus is going under, is there any word on whether BoN will be somehow kept alive? Love to see an expansion or two. Has anyone come up with additional rules for other nationalities, battles, etc? Keeping my fingers crossed.

I too would be interested in this. I would buy any expansions for this game. And they should be easy to do. a new army a few scenarios and possibly a couple of new rules pertaining to that army. I'm not sure if anyone would care about new boards that much since terrain is a minor part of this type of warfare...at the most a few overlays for special scenario specific terrains......woila...it could almost be the box size of your mini games.

May be someone will take care of this serie now ... but very few chances ...

With everybody out and Nexxus closed, it could be a miracle to see our game surviving.

I was interested as well to buy new products from this serie. New armies, new mapboards, new scenarii, ... Now the rules seems to be clear enough, updated with the FAQ.

I'm really sorry to hear about this end ...

What I'll do personally, I'm going to buy a second basic game to get more figs, more mapsboards and bases and try to make new bigger scenarri. I've already thought to use 3D maps instead of those 2D ones and I've got few ideas about additional rules.

"Longue vie a l'empereur !!"

I have had a sort e-mail exchange on BGG with the brother of one of the designers. They will keep the game alive but it may take some time.

We just started playing the game this spring. We played three scenarios already. As we play each scenario back and forth, the game will surely keep us busy until next spring. So? So because we really love this game and want to keep playing it, I ordered and started to paint Austrian figs. The "Austrian infantry 1798-1805" figs from Italeri have pegs under the base that fits the game's stands and I will adapt fig from other company to the game stands. I'm also working on the creation of a bunch of scenarios setting the French against the Autrians: they will be selected moments from the battles of Fleurus, Rivoli, Marengo and Austerlitz. I'll share my work here and on BGG. Be patient if interested: this is something to be developed in the next 8 months.

KlausFritsch said:

I have had a sort e-mail exchange on BGG with the brother of one of the designers. They will keep the game alive but it may take some time.

Hi Klaus !

If you have further news, please let us know through the forum.

I'm really interested to keep, to see this game alive.

I hope another company picks up BoN. I was talking with my club we would love to see more expansions. It is a terrific game. If we the fans keep asking for the expansions, that games producers will see that there is a market. And they will fill the demand.

So far from what I've been able to find, Italeri has 3 sets of figs that have the bases that fit the game:

6093 - Austrian Infantry 1798-1805
6094 - British Light Cavary 1815
6136 - Nap Wars: Scots Infantry

What! This game is going down! Oh no, I missed the boat, again…

I have a very bad habbit of putting off buying something cool, for whatever reason, and then a few months later finding out it has vanished/sold out/OOP, or whatever.

A shame, really, it looked a very good game indeed.

Oh well…

David.