Dorne

By Zso Sahaal, in Battles of Westeros

Where are they in the Que for an expansion?

That is not what is worrying me. I still have plenty of scenarios to try with the just the 1st two expansions. What worries me, is where have all the players gone? This forum looks dead! Every time I open it, I expect to see tumbleweed blowing across the screen. Is this game still alive - apart from with me - or are all the players content with the way it is now? Cheers!

its becouse, in my opinion, FFG made a mistake with doing Battle of Westeros in new form instead of doing it in Battlelore form.
It would be wiser just to add Game of Thrones elements to brilliantly working Battlelore and this game would be alive.

now both are dead. at least here on FFG forums

Skolo, you may well be right although I have to say that I never liked the Battlelore system of dividing the battleground into 3 sections. So many games seemed to proceed with players attacking on one front, while the opponent couldn't react there because of wrong cards. You couldn't always react to what the enemy was doing through no fault of your own. The Westeros system of Commander control, and some independant actions, seemed much better. I also prefered the setting.

Having said that, these forums do seem dead. I doubt if I shall buy much more for it, especially more neutral forces, but could be persuaded by new Houses. Baratheon and/or Greyjoy. As to the original question, I have no idea what or when the future holds. I would hate to see this good game just fizzle out, especially with the new season of Game of Thrones due out soon. Mind you, it won't be as good as it could have been, as they didn't want me to play the part of Maester Cressan. Are they insane? Cheers!

I generally agree with command field being divided into 3 parts is not ideal with the cards and 1 flank attacking.
I also realized that cards you are holding are somehow your ‘’general’’ and generals are making mistakes on the battlefield ?
Same as dices are yours soldiers ‘’willingness to fight today’’.
Plus, it has been said already that to bring balance in the game you need to play both sides after each other.
Frankly speaking we have no clue how this could evolve as FFG is doing nothing to promote the game.
We have no idea how Mr Borg could expand rules, to make it even more playable right?
Let’s hope that they are making Battlelore 2nd ed. right now and we just need to wait ;-)