Ordered!

By Svenn, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

I've got mine ordered already! Anyone else?

I'm curious as to just how different the quality is going to be. I'm also curious if the GenCon editions are the same quality as the Print on Demand or if they are of higher quality.

I'm also confused as to why this has it's own subforum...

Also, I just noticed that Print on Demand stuff says it takes about 4 days to even ship in case anyone was wondering. I guess that means we shouldn't expect these to start showing up until late next week.

Why does it cost the same as an AP? Less cards, less quality.. .. same price.

Not ordered!

I have ordered it and can understand the price; this is not bulk printing. Don't understand the sub-forum :)

Ordered :)

Looking forward to this arriving in the post!

Tried to order it through FLGS, but neither them nor their distributor have it up yet. They'll order me one as soon as it becomes available to them.

I don't think this is going to be sold outside of the FFG website? Since it's Print on Demand they are not mass producing them for sale to retailers, they are printed at the time you order them and shipped out individually. I'm not sure what kind of deal they have for distributors for this stuff.

I ordered mine.

BTW, I believe that the quality of this print-to-order Encounter Deck is better than what was available at Gen Con. There was a definite different quality feel between the Core Set cards and The Massing at Osgiliath Gen Con cards. I'll know for sure within a week.

Does this set have any other cards besides quest and encounter cards?

Me order is up...Awaiting my quest...

No, it's just a quest and it's own encounter cards, no player cards. It has to be standalone because it's the Print on Demand which is of a different quality than the other cards. If you put them in your deck you'd be able to tell them apart from the other cards.

Ok, thanks for the information, I orderd it so now I'm anxiously awaiting this intimidating deck

I've ordered it. I really want to see how hard it is.

Indeed have ordered. Was pleasantly suprised at the affordab;e cost of postage for international - will be interesting to see how long it takes to get ot Australia!

I had to wait until Friday (pay day) but I finally got it ordered. I will be excited to get this and see exactly how challenging it is. Up until now I have only played solo because of a recent move to a new state. However, the difficulty of this scenario might force me out to my new local shop for a partner.

Big Borg said:

I ordered mine.

BTW, I believe that the quality of this print-to-order Encounter Deck is better than what was available at Gen Con. There was a definite different quality feel between the Core Set cards and The Massing at Osgiliath Gen Con cards. I'll know for sure within a week.

Got an e-mail today that it was mailed today.

Well, that was fast. I got an email that it shipped yesterday, and it's out for delivery today! Can't wait. :)

Just got mine in the mail!

Me too. :)

I have to say... I'm actually rather impressed with the Print on Demand quality. The cards are still very nice.

Just got mine. Cards look great actually.

Had a quick browse through the cards and can't stop laughing. It's better than crying. I have no idea how to beat this quest. Fun will be had.

ordered! can't wait... I just love how FFG is putting out all those awesome things for this game...